Chapter 47

Grace's Point of View:

With a frown on my face, I opened the envelope.

“I am going to find the ingredients for the potion. Valia, wanna come with me?” Casper said.

Valia nodded and they went outside.

Gratala, Emilia, and Katherine were talking among themselves something about the potion.

Hmm, a letter from Thomas? I wondered what was in it.

I started reading the letter.

‘Dear Grace,

First of all, I want to tell you that I am very sorry I was always rude to you. I never wanted to behave like that, but I had to because of certain complications. I know I have not been a good grandpa. Believe me, I wanted to spoil you but didn’t get any chance.

Queen Elizabeth always had an eye on you. She never wanted you to come back to the Klataria. But somehow you came back unexpectedly. I wanted to show her that I didn’t care about you, she could have easily made me do very vile things by threatening me that she’d hurt you.

We all had thought we lost you, but after so many years you came back. A witch had told me many years ago that you’d come back to the Klataria in an illegal auction happening in the capital city on my 81st birthday. Yes, it was my birthday when you came back. I’ll never forget that day. When I saw you in that cage I cried sitting inside the car.

The situation was perfect: The King’s personal maid’s position was vacant, so I brought you directly to the castle. Queen Elizabeth never found it was me who brought you back to the castle. She found out who you are as soon as she saw you. I didn’t take you to some other place because I wanted you to meet your beloved.

I hope the King is treating you well. I wish I could attend your coronation ceremony, but I know I’d be dead by the time this letter is read by you.

You’ll be easily able to defeat Lord Darkness just don’t get lured into his illusions when you enter his mind. Resist all the ‘good stuff’ that comes in your way when you enter his mind.

Love you.
Regards,
Grandpa Thomas.

P.s – If you meet Gratala then tell her I am sorry, and I love her very much.’

I wiped the lone tear falling from my left eye.

“What happened, Grace? What’s in your hand?” she asked.

“A letter from Thomas,” I said, handing her the letter.

“Why are you crying, Gracie?” Katherine asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

“Just regretting some things,” I said, looking away.

“Don’t cry,” Emilia gave me a side hug.

“Yeah,” Katherine said.

“Grandma, I think you’ll need this,” I handed her the book of Gratala’s curse.

She gasped.

“Holy potatoes! How did you get this?”

“Thomas had given me this some months ago. Then Emmamarie gave it to me.”

“Emmamarie the deer?”

“Yeah, you can say that.”

Gratala opened the book. It looked like she was reading the pages. I frowned, how could she read them? All the pages are blank.

“What book is that?” Katherine asked.

“My curse book. But it wasn’t written by me,” Gratala said, going away, with her head buried in the book.

How the heck is she reading it? It’s empty. I thought she was gonna do something and the words would magically appear on the blank pages.

---

A day has passed. Tomorrow's Halloween, I wonder if people celebrate it in the Klataria.

Katherine and I were cooking in the kitchen.

“Cooking is fun,” Katherine said with a wide smile.

“True. I like it,” I tasted the soup.

Mmm, it’s perfect.

I started cutting some vegetables.

Muriel walked in the kitchen. She eyed the carrots I was cutting.

“Want some?”

“Yesssssss.”

I chuckled and gave her some carrots.

“There’s a big problem, people,” Casper said, walking in the kitchen.

“A problem?” Muriel said.

Ugh! Conundrums everywhere.

“First of all, there’s no magic. Without magic, the potion won’t work. The second thing is, even though I am the only person with the ability to create such a powerful potion, I don’t know the procedure,

"I only know the ingredients. I used to make this potion in my childhood, but I don’t remember to make it anymore.”

Casper sighed and looked towards the floor.

“So it means, we are lost,” Katherine said, biting her lip.

No, this can’t happen.

After so many days, I found how to end Lord Darkness and now I can’t even do it?

“We aren’t lost,” I heard Andrew’s voice.

●●●

Yeah it's an early update 😍 So please vote.

Did you like the chapter?

What are your views on Thomas' letter?

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW