Chapter 30

Grace's Point of View:

"Casper!" Katherine cried and ran towards him.

"Someone help!" I screamed, and hurried towards them, who did this?

Emilia was lying on the corridor unconscious; I bent down on my knees and tried to wake her up.

Guards ran towards us. They gasped looking at Casper and Emilia.

"Please help to take them to the castle's hospital—" I couldn't speak more as I was shocked seeing Katherine glowing brightly.

She held Casper's hands, Casper started healing, the bruises faded and Casper stopped breathing heavily.

My jaw dropped on the floor looking at her doing this.

She turned towards Emilia and took her hands in her hands, Katherine glowed even brighter.

A gasp escaped from my mouth when I saw Emilia's eyes opening and the bruises on her skin fading.

What was happening?

Maybe Katherine was using her healing powers.

"Oh my goodness, Katherine!" I screamed as I saw Katherine fell on the floor.

---

Katherine was lying on the hospital's bed.

After Katherine passed out, Capser immediately took her in his arms and ran towards the castle's hospital

I wiped the tears from my face. What the heck is happening today? I want Katherine to wake up now.

"Casper! Emilia! Can you tell me what's happening? How did you both end up with bruises? Tell me now!" I said, with my furrowed brows.

My heart was pounding.

"Calm down, Grace," Casper said.

"How the heck can I calm down?!" My nostrils flared.

The door opened and Andrew walked in, his face paled looking at Katherine.

Everyone in the room bowed looking at him except me.

He ran towards Katherine and touched her face.

"How the f*** did this happen to her?" Andrew said, looking towards us.

"Your Highness, Princess Katherine's soul energy is drained because she completely healed her beloved and the former librarian," the doctor said.

"Healed them? What happened to you both?" Andrew asked looking at Casper and Emilia, he turned towards the doctor, "when will she heal?"

"Your Highness, last night when we both were returning from a pub, evil spirits attacked us. Initially, there were two of them trying to suck our souls but I sent them flying.

"We didn't know there were many of them around, they played tricks on us, scared us, tried to kill us too, somehow we survived, and I teleported here with my friend Emilia. Your Highness, the Spirit World's gates are broken," Casper said.

Terror overtook my face.

"This is the beginning of the dark deathly times," Andrew sighed.

I frowned when everyone in the room looked at me together.

"What?" I said, I felt quite uncomfortable. My face probably has something on it. Gosh, I need to bathe.

Andrew turned towards the doctor, indicating him to answer when Katherine will heal.

"Princess Katherine will wake up tomorrow, but to completely heal she needs to sip blood once every hour, her condition isn't good," the doctor said, and Andrew nodded.

"And she needs to hug a tree twice a day," the doctor smiled.

Huh? Hug a tree? Is he even a doctor? What about medicines?

"How will hugging a freaking tree help?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the doctor.

"Madam Grace, Princess Katherine's soul energy is drained. Trees transmit energy. Hugging a tree helps you to fill more soul energy in your soul," the doctor said.

"Ahh, I see. Chafica had told me blood contains soul energy and that's why vampires drink it.  Are there vampires who only hug trees and not drink blood? This is confusing for me," I said, with my raised eyebrows.

Andrew chuckled hearing this.

"Hugging trees would only give us more soul energy and not nutrients which the body needs, so we usually drink blood, and blood's quite tasty," he flashed me a smile.

"Hugging trees is kind of lame too," Emilia chucked, "it feels so weird to do that."

"Yeah I am sure it would be weird," I laughed.

"You would never need to do it though, you're very special, Cookie," Andrew grinned.

"It's in my genes," I said, cockily.

Sometimes I wonder what if I had fangs? I'd have so easily scared my highschool bullies away. I am such a weird vampire, I don't even feel like I am a vampire. 

My vision fell on Casper, he didn't take part in the conversation, he was standing beside Katherine holding her hand. There was sorrow on his face looking at Katherine in the unconscious state; he loves her so much.

I hope Katherine gets well soon.

Andrew was sad about Katherine too, I could feel it. He masked it though, trying to look strong.

"Grace, I'm sorry but I don't think we should go to Serup today," Andrew said, giving me an apologetic smile.

"It's okay, even I am now not feeling like going anywhere," I said. Andrew pecked on my lips.

"Casper, come with me, I need to ask you some questions about the incident which happened with you and Emilia," Andrew said.

"Okay, Your Highness," Casper said.

Andrew kissed Katherine's forehead, mumbled me a bye, and walked out of the room. Casper followed him.

I noticed that my pendant sparkled for a moment. I frowned, how did that happen?

"I'm back, young lady," I heard Flower's voice as I held the pendant in my hand.

●●●

So did you like the chapter?

Are you sad about Katherine?

The beginning of the dark deathly times?

Flower's back... ;)

Are you excited for the next chapter?

●●●

It would be a great help if you vote. I'll be very grateful if you do that :)

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW