Chapter 21

Grace's Point of view:

I splashed water on my face. A yawn escaped my mouth. I hate mornings.

Walking out of the bathroom, I groaned. My head was hurting. 

I opened the cupboard in which I had kept the huge book about Klataria. 

Looking at the book I remembered the librarian. I wonder what happened to her. I didn't see her for ages. What was her name? Emilia? Emily?

I removed the red ruby from my pocket and it started glowing. The weight of the humongous book turned into the weight of a feather. Thank goodness that the librarian gave me that ruby, I don't know how I would have read this book without it.

Keeping the crystal beside the book, I opened it. I stuck a finger in my mouth. What should I read about?

I scratched my head. This book had too many topics. I just flipped to a random page and yawned again.

"...eternal sleep is like death. Vampires can be put to eternal sleep. In eternal sleep, the body of a vampire produces a very desirable kind of blood..."

I frowned. 

Eternal sleep? Sounds creepy.

"...a time had come in Klataria when a big amount of vampires had gone to eternal sleep. The deathly times. Darkness was most powerful at that time..."

A chill passed through my spine. So that had happened to many people? It doesn't sound good. 

I passed my hand through my hair.

A knock on my door interrupted me. Adrenalin rushed in me and I immediately closed the book and dumped it inside the cupboard. The ruby stopped glowing and I stuffed it in my pocket.

I opened the door and saw a butler standing. He gave a bow.

"Madam, you are called for the breakfast in the dining hall," he said.

"Okay, I'll come there within some minutes. You can go now," I said and smiled.

---

I went to the dining hall and saw everyone eating. My eyes caught Andrew's eyes. He winked at me, and I am sure my face turned red.

He patted the chair beside him and smiled. I grinned and headed towards that chair.

I greeted everyone and sat beside Andrew. He leaned towards me and planted a kiss on my cheek. Oh goodness!

I heard some squeals. Ugh! Why did he do that in front of people?!

"See her red face," Chafica laughed and took a seat. She rubbed her eyes and started yawning.

"You usually wake up early, Chaf. You didn't get enough sleep?" Elizabeth said with a frown.

"Yeah. I am very tired today, Lizzie" Chafica said and they both started talking in Klatarain.

"Listen, Andrew. Grace and I are going to the market today," Katherine said, drinking blood. It still feels weird looking at people drinking blood.

"Are we?" I said in a surprise.

"Yeah, let's go Gracie; pweaty pwease," Katherine said and I laughed hearing her baby voice.

"Okay, stay safe. I won't let you both go out without guards. It isn't safe," Andrew said, wiping his face with a silk handkerchief.

"I hate them," Katherine groaned and banged her hands on the table.

"Tsk, tsk. Where are your manners?" Elizabeth said, shaking her head in a disapproving manner.

"I am sorry," Katherine replied.

Suddenly Chafica screamed. Blood was leaking out of her hand, it looked as if she accidentally cut her hand with a knife.

Katherine pointed her finger towards Chafica's hand and a jet of white light came out of it. It fell on Chafica's bleeding hand and it stopped bleeding.

My jaw dropped on the floor watching that happen. I looked around and saw everyone else had the same expression on their faces, including Katherine.

"Your healing powers emerged! Did you meet your beloved?" Elizabeth asked, placing a hand on Katherine's shoulder.

"That's so amazing, Kathy," Andrew said with a grin on his face.

Everyone else's attention was still on Katherine's new powers.

I was still in shock. But my shock turned into fear watching how Chafica's spilled blood flowed on the dining table and created an outline of a crow.

I looked towards Chafica and saw her smirking at me. Her eyes turned red.

"Secrets are spilled," she mouthed to me.

●●●

Did you like it?

I am sorry for the short chapter but it needed to end on that line.

What do you think about Chafica now?

What secrets could've spilled?

Katherine got some awesome powers ;)

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW