Chapter 3

Grace's point of view:

"Did you bring her?" A deep and husky voice said.

I saw the most attractive man I have ever seen in my life. He ran his fingers through his brown hair, suddenly Thomas nudged me.

I looked at him with a frown.

"Bow down, he is our King," Thomas whispered.

King?

I didn't ask any questions, and we both bowed down in front of him.

"Yes, Your Highness," Thomas said. What were they talking about?

The King didn't give me any glance and went away.

"He is King Andrew. You have to give him respect or be ready to die," Thomas said, making me shiver.

"Follow me," he said, and I started following him through the castle like a lost child.

---

I was in a big room which I think is Thomas' office. The color of the walls was gray and the aura of this room was pretty dull, like my old room.

I saw a small box kept on the table. It had a diamond carved on it. I went near that box to touch it.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH THAT!" Fear crossed Thomas' face.

What's in that box? Why was he so terrified when I was going to touch it?

I went back to where I was standing earlier.

"I-I am sorry," I said and lowered my head.

"What is your name?" he asked while handing me maid uniforms.

"G-Grace Wilson," I said.

"Okay. Miss Wilson, these are your uniforms. You're the King's personal maid. Your first task is to give blood to the King tomorrow morning," he said.

King's personal maid? My face paled. How will I do this job? What if I do a mistake? Will he kill me?

"Yeah, he can kill you," Thomas said.

Why did I forget that this old man can read my brain!? Can everyone read my mind too? My eyes widened.

"I am NOT the old man. I am Thomas. You should be grateful that I brought you here or you would've been sold as a sex slave. I could have brought any other girl as a slave," he said. I shuddered at the thought of this.

"T-Thank you for saving me," I said, looking at him in his eyes with full sincerity. I was really very grateful to him.

"And no one else can read your mind. You don't need to worry, young lady," he said with a blank expression on his face.

Thank goodness no one can hear my thoughts except the old man. I giggled quietly, knowing that he heard me calling him 'old man' in my mind.

And 'young lady'? Why did he call me that? I'm 20, not a kid.

"This isn't the Human world. 20-year-old girls are still called young ladies in this world," Thomas said.

"Take this. This would let other vampires know that they can't drink your blood," Thomas handed me a long, rectangular pendant. I wore it around my neck.

I still couldn't process the fact that vampires exist! How can they?! And some of them wanna drink my blood too?!

"Not some of them, actually all of them would like to drink your blood," Thomas said after reading my thoughts. My mouth fell wide open.

"Now, shut your mouth and come with me. I will show you where your room is. It's already midnight and you need to wake up early for the next day," he said.

I once again followed him and after some minutes Thomas and I came in a long corridor. Thomas went near the last door and knocked on it.

I guess it's going to be my room from now, and I have to probably live with a roommate. I hope she would be a human too.

The door opened, and I saw a tall pink haired girl, drinking some red liquid from her glass. Is it wine?

"Yeah?" she asked.

"This is your new roommate," Thomas said.

"WHAT! I CAN'T HAVE A PATHETIC HUMAN AS MY ROOMMATE!!" she said, looking at me with a scowl.

My heart started beating faster and I hid behind Thomas. He was like a grandpa.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND IF YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH HER THEN YOU CAN GO BACK TO LIVE WITH VINCENT AND JOHN!!" Terror overtook her face.

"And I am not anyone's grandpa," he said me with a frown. I nodded.

"This is your room and Kayla is your room-mate. I believe both of you will not create problems for each other. If I see any blunder created by any one of you... then get ready to go back to John and Vincent," he said.

John. That name makes me cringe.

---

"WAKE UP HUMAN!!" Someone screamed in my ears.

I opened my eyes and yawned. I looked towards Kayla; she was looking at me with a dull expression.

"Go take a shower, wear your clothes and then I'll show you from where you have to take blood to the King," she said.

I nodded and went to take shower.

After taking a shower and wearing my uniform, Kayla and I went towards the kitchen.

There Kayla showed me the special blood dispenser. I don't wanna touch blood. It's disgusting.

"Take this. This is how you need to remove the blood from this machine," Kayla said and I nodded.

I took a tray and went towards the King's bedroom. I hope Kayla gave me the right directions.

---

I was in front of a huge door. It had lots of intricate patterns on it. And also a symbol of diamond on it.

I was very nervous. What if I made a mistake inside?

I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" A voice came from inside.

I opened the door and went into the grand room. The color scheme of the room was black and white.

I kept the blood on a table. I looked around to see where the king is.

Our eyes met and he gasped.

Suddenly I was pinned against the wall. My heart started beating faster.

My face was a few inches away from the King's face. His forest green eyes stared into mine. His left hand started caressing my face.

"Beloved..." he said.  

●●●

Was the chapter intresting?

What do you think about King Andrew?

And what about Kayla?

What scene did you like the most in this chapter?

●●●

This chapter is dedicated to SightOfSalom

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW