Chapter 22

Grace's Point of view:

I looked at Chafica with a frown. Why the heck did she say that?

Her eyes turned normal.

Her smirk turned into a motherly smile and she came towards me. I nervously smiled back at her.

"I am sorry, I didn't tell you about the special mate powers," she sighed, "I thought your beloved bond with Andrew was a secret bond. But it's something else, I don't know what it is."

Huh?

She scratched her hair, and gazed at the scintillating chandelier, she looked like she was thinking very deeply. For a moment, I felt that Chafica's smirk was sinistrous, but maybe I am wrong. She can't be evil.

She suddenly looked at me and laughed.

"I am so sorry, young lady. I scared you earlier," she said.

"I have a bad habit of doing it when I don't know how to communicate things properly," Chafica chuckled.

"It's fine, Chafica," I placed my hand on her shoulder. I was right, she isn't evil.

My gaze shifted to Andrew, I saw him glaring at Elizabeth. It was full of hate. Oh goodness, why?!

"You are a lovely person, Grace," Chafica said, stopping me to think about Andrew's glare.

"Lizzie, Grace, we all are going," Elizabeth said.

"Not all of us," Andrew said and walked towards me.

"Oh," Katherine said, extending the sound of the letter 'o.'

"Let's go and leave them alone, they are still newly met beloveds," Chafica laughed and pinched my cheeks.

Everyone laughed and went outside the dining hall, except Andrew and the guards.

He walked towards me with a smirk.

I looked at the silver spoon on the table as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"You are very adorable, my Cookie." He placed his arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

He called me 'my Cookie.' I squealed inside my head. I love that nickname.

"Be safe when you are in the city's market. I don't want anything to happen to you, you are so special to me," he said, looking into my eyes.

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!

"I like you very much," I blurted out.

Arg! Biting my lip, I looked away.

"I like you very much too," he said.

My heart fluttered hearing that. The smile on my face couldn't falter.

He started looking at me with the same emotion which I saw a few days ago; I still couldn't decipher that emotion.

He leaned closer, took my cheeks in his hands and pressed his lips against mine. I started kissing him back. My arms betrayed me and wrapped themselves around his neck.

We parted our lips and I again looked towards that silver spoon, trying not to show him my blushing face.

"Would you like to go on a one-day trip with me, next week?" He asked.

"Where?" I said excitement laced my voice.

"Let's keep it a surprise," he chuckled.

"Tell me! Or I won't go," I crossed my arms, I tried to look mad but the smile founded its way on my face.

"Nope," he said, playfully.

"Come on, Andrew!" I whined.

"Serup," he said.

"Huh?" I frowned, what Serup? Maybe it's Syrup? Did I hear it wrong?

"It's that place's name," he said.

"I see," I replied.

"A battle happened there many years ago, the battle of Serup," Andrew grimed.

I have read about this battle somewhere, where was it? My brows snapped together. Why can't I remember it?

"Your Highness, the Duke of Serup has arrived," Thomas said. I looked towards the door and saw him coming towards us.

He handed Andrew a letter and stood there.

"Okay, I will meet him now," Andrew said.

"See you later, Cookie," he turned towards me and kissed my forehead.

"I hope your grandpa doesn't hate that I kissed you," Andrew laughed, patted Thomas' back and walked out of the hall.

"Why would he even care? He told me that I am not even her granddaughter on the first day I arrived here," I murmured, in the presence of Thomas; venom dripped from each word.

I don't know from where such bitterness came from, maybe it's the sorrow from past.

"It's always better to live in the present," Thomas said.

I looked towards him. He was playing with the ring on his index finger.

"If you don't know about certain things then you shouldn't open your mouth about it," he said rudely and headed out.

Ugh!

---

I was walking with Katherine in the city's market. It was lively, full of colors and smiling faces.

We passed by a school and I heard classical music, probably a choir class was going on.

I noticed that the lyrics of the song wasn't like how we used to sing in the human world, even though the symphony was the same.

"What are you thinking, Gracie?" Katherine said.

"The lyrics of this song is different in the human world," I said.

"Yeah, we sing some human world's symphonies which are masterpieces but not use the same lyrics, we created our own lyrics," Katherine said, smiling at a small school kid.

"That's great," I said.

"Let's drink some coffee, Gracie," she yawned.

"Sure, even I need tons of coffee today," I said.

"Why tons of coffee? Did you and Andrew plan something to do at night?" she giggled, "so you need coffee to stay awake."

"Katherine!" I glared at her, and I am sure my face was red as a tomato.

Katherine laughed and we both entered the coffee shop.

Katherine bumped into someone, I paled looking at the person she bumped in. It was Casper.

His eyes met Katherine's eyes.

"Beloved," they both said together.

●●●

Did you like the chapter?

Why did Andrew glare at Elizabeth?

Andrew and Grace had some fun time together ;)

Battle of Serup?

Katherine and Casper, beloveds?

Do you think Casper deserves to be Katherine's beloved?

●●●

Silent readers please vote on the book as it will help me very much. I appreciate the help very much.

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● FOLLOW ● SHARE