Chapter 34

Grace's Point of View:

"I'm tired of pretending that I am not evil," the cloaked person screamed and removed their hood. Blood drained from my face; it was Elizabeth.

Her clothes were drenched in blood, the smile on her face betrayed all the innocence in the world. Elizabeth and her humongous snake landed in the castle.

I couldn't believe that this was Elizabeth, how is this even possible!? Elizabeth!? My heart was pounding very hard.

Andrew and I ran towards the place where Elizabeth landed on the snake. What the hell!? How was that snake flying!? What's happening?

I had a very bad feeling in my gut.

As soon as Elizabeth saw us coming towards her, she grinned menacingly.

"Oh, hello, my dears!" she said, in an overly sweet voice.

"Mom, what the f***!?" Andrew said with wide eyes, taking a step towards her.

Goosebumps crept upon me as the giant snake hissed at me.

"Calm down, boy," Elizabeth said. The snake lowered his head and Elizabeth patted its head.

My jaw dropped on the floor. Something is really wrong with Elizabeth.

"What happened to you, Elizabeth!?" I asked.

"Evil happened," she laughed.

I gaped looking at her.

"This can't be real," Andrew said in a barely audible voice.

My eyes widened realizing that whatever Thomas told me about Elizabeth was real. Oh my gosh!

I started fidgeting. Am I in some nightmare? This isn't possible, Elizabeth is a sweet old lady, how can she be evil?

"Aww... you look scared, Grace. Don't be afraid of me," she giggled.

She is crazy!

"Andrew, my darling boy, handover the Klataria to Lord Darkness, and turn into a Slave of Darkness," she said, staring in Andrew's eyes with lips pressed in a thin line.

"And what if I don't?" Andrew clenched his jaw.

"Oh, then I'll annex the Klataria from you, you don't deserve it," Elizabeth gritted her teeth.

"You think you can you that?" Andrew laughed.

"Indeed you have a very big army and you are also gifted with speed and strength BUT don't underestimate my powers," Elizabeth said, taking out two swords.

The soldiers surrounding us removed their swords out and pointed towards Elizabeth. Andrew gestured them to lower down their swords.

The giant snake was staring at me, its icy blue eyes were full of hate. I clutched Andrew's arm.

All this is so unreal. I felt like I was in some fantasy novel.

Andrew took his sword out and pointed towards Elizabeth.

"I didn't know that you were this nasty, mother," Andrew said, with venom dripping from all his words.

"Mother? Let me tell you a little secret, Andrew," Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "I'm not your mother."

Wait, what!? Is Andrew adopted? Or Elizabeth is his stepmother? Why did Andrew never tell me about this?

I frowned looking at his confused face.

"What?" Andrew said, with brows snapped together.

"Your mother died after giving birth to Katherine. I poisoned her," she chuckled, "then I married your father, wiped off memories about your mother from everyone by my spell and filled fake memories of me."

What the hell!?

"Later I sacrificed your father, it satisfied me," Elizabeth chuckled.

I gaped looking her face. She is such a vile creature.

"You are lying!" Andrew scowled.

My heart broke as I saw his face, he was so hurt. I squeezed his arm.

"Nah, I'm not lying. Look back in your childhood, didn't I try to make it hell, Andrew? Deep inside you know that I'm not your mother."

Andrew masked the emotions from his face. I guess whatever Elizabeth told was the truth. I held myself from crying. I could feel what Andrew was feeling.

Suddenly, Andrew charged with his sword towards Elizabeth, but she blocked the attack with her swords.

"Handover the Klataria to Lord Darkness," Elizabeth said, attacking Andrew.

"Never," Andrew said, dodging.

In a few seconds, their fight turned very extreme. I was so worried about Andrew.

"My army has arrived," Elizabeth started laughing like a witch while lunging towards Andrew.

I looked towards the forest and saw many cloaked people with swords suddenly appearing. What the hell?

My jaw dropped seeing giants and goblins appearing. I heard a loud screech in the sky, there was a giant vulture flying along with hundreds of crows.

"Waste no time, inform the army to defend the castle!" Andrew ordered the soldiers while fighting.

"Grace, run!" Andrew said.

"I'll kill your beloved in front of your eyes very soon," Elizabeth said, avoiding Andrew's sword.

The giant snake hissed loudly and started crawling towards me. My hands and feet turned cold.

I didn't want to run away. I wanted to be with Andrew. Oh my goodness! What's happening? How did I end up in such a situation?

With tears in my eyes, I started running away. The snake was trying to catch me.

A goblin appeared in front me out of nowhere. How did he come here? Did he teleport!?

"You look so tasty," he said, grabbing my arm.

Punching his face hard, I ran faster.

I didn't know where I was running.

I saw the room with the golden door. I tried to open the door but it wasn't opening. Sobs escaped my mouth.

Three cloaked figures were walking towards me with swords.

I felt a bit relieved when the door opened after so many unsuccessful attempts.

I shut the door close and started panting.

There was no light in this room, I couldn't see anything.

Someone placed their hand on my shoulder, and I screamed.

●●●

Hey, guys! 

Was this chapter interesting?

Elizabeth isn't Andrew's mother? Isn't she nasty?

Do you think Klataria would now be ruled by Lord Darkness?

Who would've touched Grace's shoulder? A goblin? Or something else?

No, the end isn't near lol

●●●

If you are liking this story then please vote, and follow me :)

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW