Chapter 45

Grace's Point of View:

"The magical protection around Rakina has stopped working. Lord Darkness might attack this town soon."  

Blood drained from my face. My heart started beating faster.

I stood up.

"W-What are you saying, Flower?" I asked.

"What the hell! Is that a ghost?" Katherine said, with horror on her face.

"Flower?!" Casper's jaw dropped.

My eyes widened. I never told him the truth about Flower being dead.

"Flower? Is that really you?" Gratala said.

She walked towards Flower with a pale face.

"I do not have enough time to talk. I am here to warn you all. Lord Darkness can attack soon. I need to go now back to the Spirit world. Rakina's protection has stopped working."

She looked in my eyes with worry.

"The Klataria's future is in your hands. Thomas asked me to tell you that he believes in you. I do too," she whispered.

Oh my gosh!

"Casper, only you can create the penetration potion. Without it, we'll be doomed," Flower said and disappeared.

Nobody uttered a single word for some seconds.

"OH MY GOSH! WE ALL WILL DIE!" Muriel screamed.

"Come on, Muriel!" Brianna said, frowning.

"I need to go out and check the borders. Muriel call the werewolf army," Brianna walked out.

Muriel smiled awkwardly at us and ran out of the room.

"What is the penetration potion, Casper?" Katherine asked.

"I'll talk about it, Kath," Casper gawked at me, "but first I wanna know how Flower died. It was her freaking ghost."

"When did she die? I was clueless about it," Gratala placed her hand over her mouth.

A tear rolled down her left eye. She immediately wiped it.

"I don't know how she died. I never asked her about it. I thought it would make her very sad. She used to be just a voice in my head then many days later Queen Floisa came and told me Flower's dead. I wanted to tell you Casper but I didn't want to hurt you.

"Now I regret not telling you about it. I am sorry," I hung my head, not able to meet Casper's eyes.

"Slaves of Darkness killed her in Thorgerson's Creek. Thomas had told me about it when he was alive. It's sad how both of them died. But they are in a peaceful place now," Valia said.

"The spirit world won't be a peaceful place if Lord Darkness isn't stopped. He'll rule all the worlds. Rakina's protection is damaged, now we have to come up with a plan," Emilia said.

"Later, Emilia," Casper clenched his jaw and went away.

This is all my fault. I should have already told him about Flower's death.

"I'll be back soon," Katherine said and headed out of the room towards Casper.

I stood motionless. Lord Darkness will attack soon. We have no clue about how to stop him. Casper's mad at me. Andrew's evil. My parents are evil. Lord Darkness wants to drink my blood.

I groaned internally. This was a lot to process.

"Grace, it'll be all fine soon," Gratala said, placing her hand on my shoulder.