Chapter 9

Grace's Point of View:

Was I hallucinating again? I clutched that crystal and sat still in my bed for some minutes, but I didn't hear that voice again.

I had never hallucinated in my life before I met these vampires. Why was I even having them? Do these vampires add something in my food to make me hallucinate?

I took a deep breath and started reading that book.

'No one knows the origin of vampires. The first vampire King and Queen civilized the land of the Klataria. Queen Floisa Klatar helped the poor and was one of the most generous people to walk on the land of the Klataria.'

Queen Floisa? Elizabeth talked about her in the garden. Hmm, I'll research on her.

'... curses and secret lie everywhere in the Klataria. It's the land of mysteries. The Wincarian curse is one of the most mysterious curses. Some people say that it's linked with the battle of Serup. Wincarian bloodline is one of the most powerful vampires. They have special abilities. More information about Wincarians can be read on page 215221.'

Whoa! I am sure Thomas possess the ability to hear minds. Who knows, maybe he had some more abilities? After all, he is the Lord Wincarian. But somewhere deep within me didn't feel that Thomas is evil or something like that.

'Young lady, hide this book under your bed now! Or you will face consequences. After hiding it, sit on the bed and we will have a conversation,' that creepy voice said and my face paled.

Oh goodness! I had started hallucinating again. I need a doctor.

'I am NOT a hallucination,' the voice said.

Hearing this I took that book and hid it under my bed. The crystal stopped glowing.

My heart was racing. When will this voice go away?! It's freaking me out.

I wiped the sweat off my face and sat on my bed, death gripping a pillow.

I became more conscious about my surroundings. The fact that this room was dark wasn't helping. Suddenly the temperature of the room went down and a chill passed through my spine.

'Young lady, I am not something which you should be afraid of,' the voice said.

My brows rose hearing this. Didn't this voice try to scare me earlier? How can I not get afraid of it?!

'It was needed. I won't tell you the reasons though,' I heard.

Why should I not know the reasons!? Whose voice is this?! Why is it in my head?!

'Calm down.'

"How the heck can I calm down?! You are the one who is trying to scare me!? Tell me who are you, now!" I said and my nostrils flared.

'Young lady, don't you dare to speak to me in that tone, or you'll get... punishment.'

My mouth went wide open hearing this. Punishment. This word reminded me of how I was abused by my mom. She used to give me punishment by abusing me.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself.

'You don't need to know who I am, but be alert. You were born for something...big. Veils around you will be removed soon.'

Something big?

'Questions, questions everywhere,
I love hinting answers anywhere,
Where the precious stone is inscribed,
You will find some answers there.'

What does it mean?

'Sorry young lady. I wanted to get a rhyming word for inscribed but I couldn't. I am very old, I can't remember the words of this new language. English is hard.'

I chucked hearing this. This voice is worrying about rhyming.

'Young lady, I need to go now. When it's dark, look for the stars.'

Wait?! I wanted to ask some more questions! Thomas can read my mind so can't he hear our conversations?

'No, he can't. I am communicating with you securely.'

Okay, and what's your name?

'Call me Flower.'

Flower? Who keeps their kid's name Flower? That's weird.

---

After eating my dinner, Thomas and I arrived at the gates of the castle.

"GRACE! COME FAST!" Katherine was standing near a black, long car. Her eyes were full of excitement.

Elizabeth chuckled looking at Katherine. She waved at me. I walked towards them and greeted.

"Grace, I am so excited! We are going to Thogerson's Creek! Yay!! That's so beautiful place. We will both go together for sightseeing," Katherine said. Her eyes were lit up.

"My dear, you aren't going to sit in this car, you'll be in Andrew's car," Elizabeth winked at me.

Ugh!

"Grace, we are getting late, go and sit in His Highness' car," Thomas said and walked me to King Andrew's car.

Does Thomas ever smile?

"Yes, I smile," he said and attempted a smile which looked like an overly stretched elastic band.

My eyes went wide open like an owl's eyes, seeing his smile.

Hoot Hoot! Why do I always forget that he can hear my mind?

---

The moonlight shined on the King's flawless face. He passed his hand through his brown messy hair, which made my insides squirm. He is so hot!

He glanced towards me and I immediately turned my head towards the car's window.

He placed his hand on my thigh and I gasped. I glared at him and he gave me an innocent smile.

He inched towards me, stroking my thigh which made me wanna moan.

His face was very near to mine. His eyes bored into my eyes.

"What are you doing to me?" he asked in his husky voice.

•••

Was this chapter interesting?

What do you think about the voice, Flower?

Katherine and Elizabeth were hyper active. Hehe

Grace and Andrew are having some time together... ;)

•••

This Chapter is dedicated to Teskekone

•••

VOTE • COMMENT • SHARE • FOLLOW