Chapter 18

Grace's Point of view:

"Flower is dead"

"What?" I said in a barely audible voice, not able to believe what I heard.

"It's the truth," Queen Floisa said with a sad expression on her face.

A gasp escaped my mouth, how did she die? My heart felt as if it was filled with boulders. I wiped the tears from my face and looked at Queen Floisa's golden face.

"How?"

"Let's sit and talk, my dear," she said and tried to touch my shoulder but it passed directly through me.

She murmured something about how she can't touch the living beings.

We both sat on the bed and I looked towards her.

"Close your eyes, and hold the pendant which is in your neck," she said gazing at the pendant, "I believe Thomas gave you that when you arrived in this castle."

I had forgotten about the pendant which I was wearing. I looked at her with confusion.

"Thomas gave me this pendant so that no vampire could drink my blood, because I am a human," I said.

Realization dawned upon me; I am actually a vampire. My eyes went wide. Why did then Thomas give me this?

Queen Floisa had a knowing smile on her face.

"Do what I said," she instructed.

"Okay," I said.

I took a deep breath and held the pendant in my hand. I closed my eyes and suddenly saw lots of brightness.

An image of smiling old lady emerged in my mind. She looked like a very older version of me but she had light blue hair. She started waving at me and a tear tumbled down her face which made me sad.

She sent a flying kiss towards me and disappeared. Who was that lady?

"My dear, open your eyes," Queen Floisa said and I opened my eyes.

"Why did you tell me to do that? I saw a person," I frowned.

I know I should be freaking out because there is a spirit in my room who is telling me to do things, but I felt safe around Queen Floisa's spirit.

The golden light which was coming out of her body was illuminating this room.

"The person you saw was Flower, your grandmother," she said.

"What? She was Flower?" I said with my eyes wide like an owl's eyes.

Queen Floisa nodded. What the heck?! I can't believe Flower is my grandmother. But maybe she is really my grandmother; she looks like me.

"Today I found out that Thomas is my grandfather. But I know he would be very sad," I sighed, "his beloved is dead."

"Thomas and Flower aren't beloveds," she said with a chuckle.

"But-"

"Thomas is your father's father. And Flower is your mother's mother. Sorry, I am confused with the words 'paternal' and 'maternal.' Why can't you all use Klatarian?" She interrupted.

"And don't worry that Flower is dead. She is with us on the other side, living peacefully," she said.

"So can she come here like you?" A spark of hope ignited in my heart, I wanted to meet Flower.

"Sorry, my dear. As per the rules, only the master spirits can visit the life side. And Flower is not a master spirit," she answered.

My heart sank hearing this.