Chapter 35

Grace's Point of View:

Someone placed their hand on my shoulder, and I screamed.

A chill passed through my spine. Who the hell is here other than me!? Oh my gosh, maybe I'll really die today.

"W-w-w-who are you?" I said, in a low voice.

"Let's not waste time, come with me," I heard a lady's voice. Her voice was warm and sweet as honey. It was the most beautiful voice I've ever heard.

I couldn't trust anyone now though; not immediately after Elizabeth's betrayal.

"I-I w-won't!" I squeaked.

I tried to look her face but the room was too dark.

A loud bang on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

After a few more seconds, the banging on the door increased.

"Open the door! How dare you punch me!? I'll roast you and feed you to giants," I heard the goblin's hoarse voice.

"The choice is yours, Grace, either stay here and get caught or come with me to somewhere safe," the lady said.

Tears filled my eyes. I didn't understand what to do. What if this person turns into someone like Elizabeth? What if she is one of the Slaves of Lord Darkness? I was lost in my thoughts.

"Open the door NOW or we will blast it open! You have 10 seconds," the goblin said.

I shivered hearing that.

"L-leave me alone..." I screamed between my cries.

"10... 9... 8..." the goblin started the countdown.

"Please go away!"

"7... 6..."

"Come with me!" the lady said.

"5... 4... 3..."

"I don't know," I said.

"2... 1..."

"Take me with you!" I screamed in a sudden to the lady, without thinking much more about it.

"Wise choice," she said and held my hands.

"BLAST NOW!!!"

The door blasted open, many goblins and men stood outside with creepy smiles on their faces.

Before they could do anything, I found myself standing in a beautiful forest, birds were chirping and a cool breeze was blowing. The sound of waterfall soothed my soul.

I started feeling dizzy. I couldn't hear anything anymore and felt a weird tingling in my fingers. What's happening? Why aren't my ears working? My heart was racing. I breathed heavily. My hands felt cold.

Everything around me started to fade away.

---

I felt something wet on my cheek. What is that? Why is my head hurting?

I groaned and opened my eyes.

Oh, my gosh!!! A freaking dog?

My heart pounded seeing it so near my face. It was small and had brown patches on its white fur, probably a Russell Terrier. It was wiggling its tail.

The hair on the nape of my neck stood up.

"Go away. Shoo," I said, with terror on my face.

It didn't go away. I groaned. Dogs are so scary.

"Grace, don't be scared. Bingley doesn't bite." It was the same sweet voice.

Turning around, I saw a tall and beautiful brunette woman, standing in the room with a smile. Her green eyes were full of tranquility. She wore an elegant white gown and a golden necklace.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am everything, I'm in and around you. I am Emmamarie," she said, looking in my eyes.

"Huh?"

What does she mean? She is everything? Is she some kind of Goddess? WAIT, AM I DEAD!? How can I talk to some Goddess?

"In a simple way, you can say I am nature, Grace."

"Nature? Nature as in trees and plants and animals and all that?" I asked, with my furrowed brows.

"Yes," she answered.

"This is so weird. So, nature is a woman whose name is Emmamarie and has a pet dog!?"

"I don't really have a name, I don't need one."

"So, why are you calling yourself Emmamarie?"

"Because, then what will you call me?"

"I don't know, Mother Nature maybe?" I mumbled.

"Oh, goodness. No, that makes me feel so old," she chuckled.

Reality hit me hard. What happened to Andrew!? Is he alright? What about Katherine!? She was unconscious in the hospital bed. She needs to be okay!

"I can feel you are panicking," Emmamarie said.

"Do you know what happened to Andrew, and Katherine? Please tell me. Oh, my gosh! Elizabeth is so evil. There were giants, and goblins, crows, and people in black cloaks. I hope the people in the castle are fine. And—"

"Calm down, Grace," Emmamarie said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Take deep breaths in," she instructed.

I took deep breaths.

"Katherine is fine, she was moved to the city of Serup. She'll be safe there," Emmamarie smiled.

I sighed in relief.

"What about Andrew?" I asked, hoping that he is fine too.

Emmamarie looked away.

"Would you like to drink some tea?" she asked.

"No. Please tell me what happened to him?" I said.

"Yes but see Bingley is looking so cute." She tried to change the subject.

Why isn't she telling me about it? What if something bad happened to him? What if... what if Elizabeth killed him!?

"I-Is Andrew dead!?" I asked, with wide eyes. I was trying to hold back my tears.

"No, no!" she said.

"Then what happened to him? Why aren't you telling me?" I said, in an exasperated tone.

She tried to avoid my eyes.

"Andrew... he, uh, he... was forcefully turned into a Slave of Darkness by your parents after we escaped the castle."

●●●

Did you like the chapter?

What was your first impression about Emmamarie?

Andrew is a slave of darkness now?

●●●

I've started dedicating chapters to people who are active on this story. So vote and comment ;)

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE ● FOLLOW