Chapter 37

Grace's Point of View:

"He killed Thomas for lying."

My jaw dropped on the floor. This can't be true. I was trying to hold back my tears.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Emmamarie said, with a sad expression on her face.

I couldn't hold back my tears anymore; I started sobbing. It's all my fault. I should've believed him the moment he told me about Elizabeth. We both could have come up with some plan. I wish I could go back in time and scream at myself to believe whatever Thomas says.

Yeah, we both never had good moments together but at least I had someone from my family. I did think he was evil but deep down inside I never hated him. He saved me from getting bought by some pervert in that auction, I'm so grateful to him.

When you lose someone from your life, you find out how important they were and how you should have spent more happy time with them.

I wiped the tears from my face but they got replaced with new ones.

Anger coiled in my stomach.

"I'll take revenge from Smith. I'm never going to forgive him for this," I said, boiling with anger.

"Calm down, my dear," Emmamarie said, touching my shoulder with a frown on her face.

"I can't. Emma, these Slaves of Darkness are messing too much with me. Thomas is killed. Flower is killed, and I think these people murdered her. Andrew's mind was persuaded by them, the Klataria is now under Lord Darkness' control. Oh, my gosh! I think everything is going to end," I said.

I felt many emotions at the same time: pain, anger, sadness, hopelessness.

"I wish I was just a normal human being living a normal life," I sighed.

Emmamarie looked into my eyes.

"Unforgiveness is a poison for your soul. It weakens you. You'd never be able to defeat Lord Darkness if you have unforgiveness or revengeful feelings in you. You have to let it go, my dear. Thomas has already forgiven Smith, he's quite happy in the spirit world."

"It doesn't seem easy. I'm glad that he is happy there. Wish I could meet him," I sighed.

"Tomorrow you'll go to the city of Serup to meet your friends and your paternal grandmother," Emmamarie smiled.

"You mean Thomas' beloved?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered.

Wow, I'd love to meet her. Oh, goodness, she'd be devastated hearing that Thomas died. But why did she leave Thomas?

"She knows that Thomas is dead. When your beloved dies, you feel a lot of pain."

"Oh, no."

"Will you come with me to Serup? How will we go there?" I asked.

"I'll open a portal and you'll reach Serup. There I'll guide you where you have to go," Emmamarie said. The corners of her eyes crinkled as she smiled.

---

The orange hue rays of sunrise touched the hills nearby. Emmamarie and I walked out of her cottage.

"Excited to meet your grandmother and friends?" Emmamarie chirped.

"Yeah," I replied, grinning.

There was a garden outside her cottage. Birds were chirping and a cool breeze was blowing. It could be perfect if only the sky wasn't red.

My eyes fell on strawberries. My gosh, they looked delicious.

"Would you mind if I taste one of those strawberries?" I said.

"Yeah eat as many as you want. I think you should also take some for your friends and grandmother," she said, and an empty basket appeared out of nowhere in her hands.

"Okay, thanks!" I said, taking the basket in my hands.

I headed towards the bush of strawberries and plucked one. The sweetness of it filled my mouth when I took a bite. I've never eaten any strawberry as tasty as this! I plucked more and devoured them.

I took some more and put them in the basket.

"It's the time to open the portal, Grace," Emmamarie said.

I nodded.

"I'll open the portal now," Emmamarie said, waving her hands in the air.

A big hole appeared in the ground.

"Jump," she said.

"That's scary, I can't jump in it."

"Nothing will happen," she said.

"You're coming with me, aren't you?" I asked, hoping that she will.

"I'm always with you. The air you breathe, water you drink, the soil you walk on. I am in everything, I can't take my human form with you today, but I'll still be there," she said.

"Okay," I said, without thinking more I jumped into that hole.

I opened my eyes. I was in some dark room. Where am I?

"BURGLAR! BURGLAR!" I heard a scream.

Suddenly, someone started beating me with a broom.

●●●

Hey, everyone! I hope that you liked this chapter, did you?

I'm sorry nothing much happened in this chapter, but this filler chapter was needed.

Are you sad about Thomas' death?

Why would have Thomas' beloved leave him? Any guesses?

Grace getting beaten with a broom?

●●●

It's my birthday! Yeah it's already 12th March where I live soooooo please vote lol it'll make me very happy today :)

●●●

VOTE ● COMMENT ● SHARE● FOLLOW