Chapter 19

Grace's Point of view:

My breath hitched as Andrew stabbed that crow with a knife. The pianist stopped playing the melody.

"Bast*rd," he murmured looking at that crow.

He looked at me with apologetic eyes. We both stood up. The blood of that crow started spilling down the table; the blood was silver colored. I frowned looking at it.

Silver-blooded crow? How was it able to talk? I am going to be killed? Why? My thoughts started getting clogged.

"I'm very sorry about that. I don't know why do we always get interrupted," Andrew said making me snap out of my thought stream.

"Don't worry about that, Andrew," I said and smiled at him, trying to make him not feel bad.

Why do we always get interrupted?

We both started walking out of the terrace. He placed his arm on my shoulder. The corners of my lips jumped upward. I moved a bit closer to his warm self.

All those thoughts about that crow, Thomas, Floisa and my parents flew away from my mind. All I could think now was that how it felt so great to be close to him. I have never felt so wanted before.

He looked at me and smiled. I just love that smile on his face.

I don't want him to leave me ever. How does love even feels like? My heart always flutters when he flashes me a smile at me, I feel as if I'm complete whenever I am around him. Is it love? I don't know about that but I know I am falling for him.

We were walking silently around the castle. I was enjoying this walk, I was totally present at that moment.

We came near the part of the castle's garden which I've had never seen before.

"Oh my," I mumbled as my eyes fall on the fireflies sparkling around. A breeze started passing and the trees sang a melody of comfort.

"What's going on in your mind?" Andrew said.

"This is the first time I have seen fireflies, they are so beautiful," I said and grinned at him.

"Really?" he frowned and I nodded.

He kissed my temple and I'm sure my face turned red.

"Maybe we should go in, we didn't have dinner," he said.

I didn't want to go, I was mesmerized by the beauty in front of my eyes. But my stomach was demanding food.

"Okay," I said with a sigh.

---

We both ate the dinner together and I came back to my room. We talked about so many things today.

I changed my clothes into something comfortable and stretched my hands in the air.

"Hey, Gracie!" Katherine knocked on my door.

I frowned and opened the door. Why was she here so late?

"Come in," I said.

"Grace, come, we are again having some girl time," she said and pulled me out of the room, she took my hand and started making me walk.

"Hey, where are we going?" I asked.

"Aunt Chafica's room," she said and grinned. Its been so many days since I saw her.

"Okay, where was she from so many days? I didn't see her," I said to Katherine as we started walking side by side towards the stairs.

It was a bit gloomy. The candles placed on the holders in the walls gave little glow as we walked in the corridor.