Chapter Thirty-Eight: Truth is Out/ Thanksgiving

            “Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie,” Damon says as he wraps his arms around my waist as I try and find a dress. My mother, Damon and I are going to his parents for Thanksgiving and this is also my first time meeting them so I am really nervous.

            “Thanks rockstar happy Thanksgiving too,” I say as I turn around and lightly kiss his lips.

            “I love you,” he says as he hugs me, placing his head on mine. My heart flutters as he tells me he loves me.

            “I love you too,” I say in a whisper because my heart is beating so fast. He leans back and kisses my cheek.

            “Now get ready while I do,” he says with a smile and walks away to get ready. I know my mom is too.

            I examine a red dress and decide to wear it. It’s not that cold outside it’s actually kind of warm so this will be ok. I carry the dress to my bath room and change into it. It comes to my knees and then a little above seeing as the bottom is in v’s.  Below my breast is a thick black strap that has a piece in the front that is hand down. The top comes down in a v and has spaghetti straps. I begin flat ironing my hair and then applying light make up. I walk back into my bedroom and pull on my bracelet Damon got me on one wrist and a black one on the other. I slip on some simple not to high maybe an inch or less high heels.

            Adding some lip gloss I smile at my reflection. I look pretty good and hopefully his parents will like. Would he dump me if they hate me?

            “Caroline you ready?” My mom calls. I smile at my reflection debating whether or not to wear a jacket.

            “Yeah mom!” I call back grabbing my purse and cell phone heading out my room and down the grand stair case.

            At the bottom by the door my mom is standing patiently. Her blonde hair is down and in its natural wavy state, she is wearing some light makeup and is in a knee high floral print dress that is purple along with some heels and a white sweeter the sleeves come to her elbows. She look beauty and normal, not her business women self.

            Beside her Damon is standing with his hands in his dark blue jean pockets that has a black belt keeping them secure around his waist, and also he is wearing a tight white t-shirt that shows his muscles and comes down in a slight v with a black blazer over top. His brown hair is all nice and tussled and his emerald eyes are bright. I still cannot believe that he is mine!

            I walk down and smile at them both. Damon wraps a arm around my waist and kisses my cheek.

            “You look beautiful,” he says in my war and I smile up at him.

            “You look great Caroline, let’s go,” my mom says smiling and I roll my eyes as she leaves the house and Damon and I follow her out to a truck. Damon gets in the driver’s seat my mom gets in the back so I guess I am suppose to sit in the passenger. Damon reaches over and laces his fingers with mine and then flips on the radio.

            “Here is the new hit from Damon Mead and Caroline Conrad, Kissed You,” The radio dude says and our song comes through the radio and I smile over at him.

            “Don’t you two just sound wonderful?” my mom says from the back seat and I can tell in her voice she is smiling. I smile my life is perfect. I have an amazing boyfriend and a great mom and we are going to his house for Thanksgiving. What could possibly go wrong? I look out the window with a bright smile on my face.