Chapter Thirty-Six: Caroline Past

I do not own the song in this story it's Family Portrait by Pink!!!

Chapter Thirty-Six

            My eyes flutter open when I feel Damon’s lip touch my forehead. “Wha-” I croak out.

            “I have to go meet with my manager and then recording some new songs. I will be back later babe,” he says with a smile and kisses my head.

            “Bye,” I say softly and then shut my eyes again. I hear him laugh lightly and then the door shut. I drift back into a peaceful sleep.

            I reopen my eyes and the clock says nine, so I stretch and climb out of bed in my baby blue, silk, shorts and blue, cotton tank top. Using the back of my hands I rub my eyes. I pull my hair up in to a messing pony tail.

            Bing! My computer chimes. I walk over to my desk and see a Skype video chat from Iraq. My heart beat picks up as I click accept. Nick’s face pops up on the screen, with his dirty blonde hair that looks kind of dusty, his brown bread that’s starting to grow, and his blue eyes look lonely and distant. He smiles when he sees my face and adjust his army uniform.

            “Nick?” I say biting my lip as my eyes get watery.

            “Hey baby sis,” he says, his voice is rough and tired sounding. A tear escapes my eyes and falls down my cheek.

            “Bubby! I haven’t heard from you in forever! Are you ok?” I ask as I wipe away the tear.

            “Yeah baby sis, I’m ok. I’m sorry I haven’t talked to you in awhile. I tried a few times but, I guess you were busy. The fort got hit and we had to relocate. Don’t worry we are all fine though. How are you? What’s been going on? I miss you so much!” he says and runs his hand through his hair with a smile.

            “I miss you so much too! I am happy you’re ok! I have been very fine but, I do have a boyfriend now,” I say wiping away a few more stray tears.

            He looks at me wide eyed and then bursts out laughing. “You… Boyfriend…hilarious… nice…one!” he gets out and I shot him a glare.

            “Nick, I am being serious,” I say annoyed and I see a huge smile rise on his face and it’s my favorite smile in the world.

            “Who is he?” he asks shifting in his seat.

            “Damon Mead,” I mumble.

            “Damon Mead?” Nick says with shock. “As in America’s bad boy? The rock star Damon Mead? Rich, famous, mom’s client Damon?” he asks astounded.

            I smile weakly at him. “Yeah.”

            “Wow,” he says and is quiet for a moment. “Do I get meet him?” he asks with a smirk.

            “Yeah, when you get home but I haven’t told him about you,” I say softly.

            “Have you told him about dad?” he asks quietly and I shake my head. “

Does he know anything of your past?” he asks and I shake my head again. “Baby sis, you have to tell him why you are so closed off to love,” Nick says and sighs.

            “I will,” I say nodding my head and wiping away some tears.

            “Anything else going on?” he asks yawning.