Chapter Seven: Truce?

Chapter Seven

            “Caroline, Mr. Guy of your Dreams just asked for your number so he can ask you on a date,” Aria whispers in my ear low enough I am the only one who can hear. Unless Evan has super hearing! Oh Gog please don’t let him have super hearing! I feel blood rush to my cheeks and I look at Evan blinking, and then forcing a smile on my face.

            “I said, can I see your phone so I can put my number in it? I really would like to talk to you some more and get to know you but I can’t tonight. I have to go intermix,” Evan says smiling at me and then flipping his hair into place.

            Come on Caroline! Think! Hand him your phone! I turn to the table were my little black, wallet purse is and pull my iPhone out handing it gently to Evan. He does something quickly and his phone buzzes. I give him a confused look as he hands my phone to me. He stands up from his seat towering over me and smiles. “I’ll call ya,” he says before walking off.

            I sit there in a studded silence. I, Caroline Conrad, just talked the love of my life! My outside may have looked dead and in shock, but my insides were screaming. You know those love stories were a girl meets her dream guy and there are butterflies and sparks? I had that! I really want to do a happy dance right now.

            I hear I chair move, prying me away from my train of thought. I look up seeing my mother sit down across from Aria and crossing her legs. She pulls out her cell phone doing who knows what. The chair beside her and across from me is also being taken by Damon. His perfect face is wearing a bored expression. He reaches out onto the table and grabs a glass of wine taking a sip before sitting it back down. He then raises one of his muscular arms up and rubs the back of his neck with his hand.

            The music shifts and a slow song begin to play. “Caroline, would you like to dance?” Damon asks as I stare out at the dance floor. I look up at him and then I see my mom whose eye were no longer on her phone, but instead on me telling me to.

            “Sure,” I mumble and he outstretches his hand to me, which I sadly take. I glance at my mom who is smiling and nodding at me. FML.

            As he leads me onto the dance floor his arms fall to my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. I try my best not to look into those amazing emerald eyes, so I stare over top of his strong shoulder. How did I end up here in the arms of someone I hate with a boiling passion? What do girls is in him? I mean yeah he’s probably the hottest guy I’ve ever seen and is really talented, but he’s dumb. He does stupid crap and is cocky, arrogant, conceded, confusing, annoying, and well a lot of other things. All girls see is his god like, model great looks. Stupid girls!

            “You know I’m not this evil villain, bad guy you seem to think I am,” he whispers in my ear startling me and causing me to leap backwards a little. I decide to ignore his comment and continue to dance. “Not going to respond?” he asks almost sounding annoyed.

            “I have nothing to say,” I say and roll my eyes.

            “That’s a first,” he says with a smile and my stomach does a flip before tightening. I tings I get form his touch grew worse.

            “I change my mind. The reason I see you as the bad guy is because you are the bad guy! You’re that guy. The arrogant, cocky, annoying ass of a guy whose mission in life seems to be to make mine a living hell,” I say threw clench teeth, still not looking at his face.

            His body stiffens. “Aren’t you the one who is trying to make my life a living hell? Because if not then you are a natural pain in my rear,” he says as his voice rises from a whisper a little.

            “Can’t we have a truce? I mean we need to get through the next five months,” I say softly having to force myself to say it.

            “I, dear, am not the one who would struggle with that. I actually like you and want to be friends,” he whispers softly in my ear. His breath tickles my neck sending shivers through me and making the tingles worse. I know my cheeks redden a little and I pray he doesn’t notice.

            “I can try,” I whisper with force trying to make my voice sound the slightest bit friendly.

            He shrugs and we continue to dance. Just because there is a truce doesn’t mean I don’t hate him or that I will still not make his life a living hell. I bit my lip inwardly and suppress a laugh.

            He pulls away as the song ends and brushes his lips lightly across my cheek. My heart stops and I gasp closing my eyes in disbelief. What the fudge? I feel the blood pump to my cheeks and I know I must be an awful shade of red. He turns on his heel and walks away smiling, running his hand through his gorgeous dark brown hair.

            I release a groan, gosh I hate him! I wait for myself to get control and then walk forward after him to our table. My mom and Aria were standing and I look at them questionly.

            “Time to go,” my mom says smiling and leads us out of the building and to the limo.

Sorry it's short :( I promise from now on I'll try and make them longer :)

Please if you like it vote, comment, and tell other people! Please!

Love ya'll