Chapter Seventeen: Hidden Talent

Chapter Seventeen

            I lean over and grab my guitar that is propped up beside my bed. It’s just a play acoustic one, nothing special. I begin to strum away, playing my favorite song. Then, I begin to sing.

 “Right now he’s probably slow dancing

With a bleach-blond tramp

And she’s probably getting frisky

Right now, he’s probably buying

Her some Fruity little drink

‘Cause she can’t shoot whiskey,” I sing. My voice has this rasp to it and attitude that makes it good. I shot my eyes enjoying the song and singing.

“Right now, he’s probably up behind her

With a pool stick

Showing her hoe to shoot a combo

And he don’t know,”

“I dug my key into the side

Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive

Carved my name into his leather seat

I took a Louisville Slugger to both headlights

Slashes a hole in all 4 tires

And maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats,” At the part I am bobbing my head and really getting into the song. I continue singing as I strum like crazy on my guitar.

“Right now, she’s probably singing some

 White trash version of Shania karaoke

Right now, she’s probably saying ‘I’m drunk’

And he’s thinking that he’s gonna get lucky,”

“Right now, he is probably dabbing on 3 dollars

Worth of that bathroom Polo

Oh and he don’t know,” I continue singing the song with as much emotion as Carrie Underwood does. Well that is until I hear a noise outside my door and I quickly stop playing.

Damon’s POV

            Shit! Shit! Shit! I just have to lose my balance and make a noise. Maybe she didn’t hear it! The playing stops on the dot and I cannot help but groan. I wonder if her mother realizes that her daughter has a voice sent from the Heavens. I mean she is one the best singers ever. Her mom must not know otherwise Caroline would be more famous than me.

            I feel a master plan cooking in my evil brain. I walk to my room and open the window and pull a chair up beside it. I grab my guitar and note pad, then I grab a cigarette, lighting it.  Should I write a rock song? Or a country? A love song? Or a sad song? Hmmm…

                        Then it hits me like a steam roller, I toss my cigarette out the window after putting it out. I pick up the guitar and begin to play the tone in my head.

“I dropped you off

Just a little after midnight

Sat in my car

Till you turn out your porch light

I should of have kissed you

I should of have pushed you up against the wall,” It’s perfect. I scribble down on the note pad the lyrics and notes. Then, I run down the stairs with the guitar and notepad in hand head to Elena’s office. I knock and then walk in. She has her hair in a messy bun and is typing away on the computer.

            “Yes Damon?” she asks looking up at me.

            “I have a new song. It’s a duet. Will you listen to it?” I ask hopefully.      

            “Fine,” she says and turns to give me her whole attention.

            I sing the song and she looks impressed. “So do you have a girl in mind?” she asks with a happy smile.

            “Yes, yes I do. She’s perfect,” I say with a big ol’ smile.

Want more??

VOTE then!!!!

I am going make you a deal.

You ready?

If i get six! SIX! Votes i will try and update everyday this week!!!!

Only if i have six!!!!

If not i will try update whenever!

Want see something happen??? Let me know!!!

Thanks love ya'll