Chapter 48: Turning Point

Nicole Jane’s POV

“Where are we going?”

I looked at Hiro, who is currently shaking his head. Beside him is Reiri, then Miley— whose both keep on chanting, and next to her is Kira— who just keeps on smiling while looking outside the car window. I leaned forward just to see their fingers intertwined.

Kasalukuyan kaming nagbibiyahe patungo sa vacation house ng Clarkson family. We are all in the same van. Nakasunod kami sa van kung saan ay nandoon ang parents namin at kasunod naman namin ang mangilan-ngilang royal guards, protectors at vampire hunters. We look like a President’s family with a lot of bodyguards which is following us, and I totally hate the idea.

I thought that this getaway will be our private moment. But Uncle Zach doesn’t want to take a risk and want to be prepared at all time.

Bigla naman akong nakaramdam ng nalungkot nang maalala ko si Mikan. Nasaan na kaya siya ngayon? I really wonder on what happened to her after that fight.

I rested my head on Kyle’s shoulder, who is busy listening to a music on his phone.

“It’s been a long time since I last came to the beach. Masusuot ko na ang mga bikini ko!” Althea suddenly exclaimed.

But Athena just gave her a disgust look. “How gross!”

Althea tilted her head to the side and rolled her eyes. “Oh, yeah. Here comes my conservative sister again.”

Kung titingnan silang dalawa mabuti ay masasabi kong carbon copy talaga nila ang isa’t isa. The only thing that made me differentiate the two of them is the color of their hair.

And of course, their attitude.

Athena used to tell me that there’s a big difference between the two of them. She’s always the quiet, shy and conservative one.

While Althea, well, we can say that she is the bitchy type of girl, the talkative, the rebel and the liberated one.

Though they have the same set of emerald green eyes that suited them. From there, it looks like I already knew why Kuya Gino fall for someone like Athena. I’m not saying that Althea is no good. But my brother seems better with Athena.

“Bahala ka nga! Wala ka rin namang mahahanap na boys doon, eh. So it’s useless,” Athena said. Binatukan naman agad siya ng kapatid kaya napanguso na lang siya.

“Magtigil ka nga riyan! Palibhasa kasi may—” Hindi na naituloy ni Althea ang sasabihin nang biglang takpan ni Athena ang bibig niya.

“Ano ‘yon, Ate Althea?” Miley asked curiously.

Pero umiling lang ito at ngumiti nang nakakaloko sa kapatid.

My lips pursed. Mukhang alam ko na ang gusto niyang sabihin.

As much as I want to see my brother’s reaction, I just can’t because he’s the one driving right now, and we are seated on the back. Though I know that he is blushing as hell.

I then looked at our side just to see Steph sleeping. Her head was peacefully rested on the car window. She looks so tired. With that, I suddenly remembered that she's still not in our room last night before I drifted away to sleep.

My attention shifted in front. Beside my brother is Vince, that I caught glancing through the rear mirror at Steph’s side.

It seems that I have finally figured out something. They must have been together last night and stay up until late at night. Until when will they stop playing the hide and seek game?