Chapter Seven

"Make yourself at home." Jenn said as she help me with my bags into the guest bedroom. "Thanks." I said smiling. "Jazman, you and Maddison can share a room for a while." Ryan said as he helped with Jazmans bags. "Come on, helo me fix up the other bed." Maddison said with a smile as her and Jazman ran upstairs. "You okay?" Ryan asked me as came back into the livingroom from putting my bags up. "Yea, im fine. Lets watch a movie." I told him. "Sounds great. Jazman! Maddison! Movie!" Jenn yelled up for the girls. "What are we going to watch?" Jazman asked Jenn. "How about 'Grown Ups'?" Ryan suggested. "Yes!" Maddison and Jazman both said. "Sounds great." I said sitting on the couch next to Jazman. "This movie is one of the funniest I ever seen." Maddison said as she put the moive in and sat on the other side of Jazman.

Toward the end of the movie, Jazman had fallen asleep on my lap. "Poor thing." I said looking at her. "I'll take her upstairs." Ryan said as he came over and picked her up. "Ha, I didnt fall asleep." Maddison said laughing at Jazman as she went upstairs with Ryan. "Kids these days." Jenn said laughing. "I know. What can you do with them and what can you do with out them?" I said laughing as well. My phone started to ring. "Who could that be this late?" Jenn said as I answerd it. "Hello?" I said answer it. "Cyndy. Its Derrek. I was driving past your house annd.." Derrek said over the phone. "And what?" I said getting worried. "Did you know its on fire?" He reponded. "What?!" I yelled. Ryan came running downstairs. "What is it?" Ryan said looking at Jenn. Jenn just shrugged her shoulders. I hung up the phone and looked at Ryan scared. "Cyndy, what is it?" Ryan said as he put his arms on my shoulders. "Are house. Its on fire." I cried. "Come on lets go." Ryan said grabbed his jacket. I ran staright out the door and in Ryans car. "Watch the girls. We'll be back soon." He told Jenn as he kissed her and ran off outside in the car.

"Oh my god." I said pulling up next to our house. Fire trucks and police was already their. Derrek was standing there waiting for us. "Derrek!" I yelled running toward him. "Are you alright?" Derrek said looking at me. "Yea im fine. Jazman and I was at Ryans." I told him looking at Ryan. "What happend?" Ryan asked Derrek. "Well, I was driving around, trying to get my mind off things. I swong by here cause Ronnie was on my mind of course, and It was in flames." Derrek explain. "Mam, is this your house?" A police officer said walking up to me. I nodded my head. "Is there anyone inside?" He asked. "No, me and my daughter are the only was who lived in it and we was staying at a friends." I told him. "You girls were very lucky then." He told me. I looked up at Ryan scared. He hugged me. "Its going to be fine. You'll stay at our house longer." He told me. It made me feel better. "Lets go take care of somethings." THe officier said as he lead me over to his car. Ryan and Derrek followed me. I had told the cop all the information about the house. "Okay, now. Is there anyone who is out to hurt you?" He asked randomly. "Not that I know of. Why?" I asked confussed. "Well, the fire wasnt an accadent." He said. My eyes grew wide in shock. "I dont know who could of done this." I said freaking out a little. "Are you sure?" The officier asked me again. "Im sure. Its just me and my daughter. Everyone around here knows us and dont hate us that we know of." I told him. "Wait." Ryan said looking at the side of the house. "Yes sir?" The officier said looking at Ryan. "Ealier today. Their was two people hanging around the house. We stopped by to get a few things, and they was standing by that tree." Ryan siad pointing at the tree next to the house. "Do you know you they were?" He asked Ryan. "No I dont belivie so." Ryan said shaking his head. "I do." I said looking at the ground thinking. I remember Jazman saying it was that guy that game up and talked to me a few days when we got her dress. "Who was it?" The officier asked me. "I belivie his name was Aaron. Aaron Graves. And his girlfriend Amber. I dont know her last name." I told him. "Graves? As in, from the band Vampires Everywhere!?" The officier asked me. I nodded my head yes. "Why would he do this?" He asked. "Its all a long. Long story. Their not to found of my husband." I shortly explained to him. "Husband? You said it was only your daughter and you living here." The officier said fermly. "We do. My husband died earlier today going to pick up my daughters birthday present." I said on the verg of crying again, but Ryan hugged me tight again and it reminded me not to. "Do you happen to be Cyndy Radke?" The officier asked. I looked at him funny and said, "Yeaa." Derrek looked at the cop weird too. "Hmm, okay. Thanks. your free to go." He said as he went to the other cops. "That wasnt werid at all." I said walked with Ryan and Derrek back to Ryans car.

"Is everything okay?" Jenn asked as we walked into the door of Ryans house. "No. Everythings gone." I said sitting on the couch in shock. "Im so sorry." Jenn said looking at me. "Its okay. Not your fault." I said stairing at the floor. "Cyndy?" Ryan said looking at me. "Yea?" I said looking up at him. "Are you sure your okay?" He asked worried. "Im fine. Promise. I just need some sleep." I said as I went into the guest room. "Im worried about her." Ryan said hugging Jenn. "Me and you both." Jenn said as they went into their room.

The next morning, I came out of my room. Jenn was making breakfest with Jazman. Maddison and Ryan was in the livingroom watching Beves and Butthead. "Morning." Maddison said smiling at me. "Morning." I said walking into the kitchen. "Hey." Jazman said as she hugged me. "I have to talk to you." I said to Jazman as I sat at the kitchen table. "Yea? What is it?" She siad sitting infront of me. "Last night. After you went to sleep, our house got caught on fire." I told her. She coverd her mouth in shock. "Are you kidding?" She yelled. I shook my head no. "Why!? Who dont it?!" She said getting mad. "We dont know for sure yet." I said to her. "I'll kill them." She said getting even more angery. "Jazman. Calm down." Ryan said walking into the kitchen. "But Ryan!?" She yelled. "Dont yell at him." I said grabbing her arm. "You treat him with as must respect as you did your father. He is your godfather after all." I added. "Yea mam." She said looking down. "Jazman. Everything is going to be just find. The good this is, no one was hurt." Ryan said smiling at her. "Someone was hurt. My father. He died yesterday remember." Jazman said hateful as she went upstairs to her and Maddisons room. "I hate that shes taking it so hard." Jenn said as she sat the food on the table. "I'll go up and talk to her. Get her to come eat." Ryan said going upstairs after Jazman.

"Jazman?" Ryan said knocking on the door. "What do you want?" Jazman said as Ryan walked in the room. "I wanted to talk." He said as he sat on the bed next to her. "About?" She said looking at Ryan with tears in her eyes. "First off, dont cry. Thats what you get from your mother." He laughed a little. "I never see her cry." Jazman said confussed. "Well wayy back when, before you came along. Before your parents were married. Ronnie might haunt me for tell you this, but he use to get mad. Alot. Wouldnt let your mother do alot of things and wouldnt talk to her about what he was feeling. Shes get upset alot. When I lived back in your house, I'd sometimes find her randomly running into my room and crying. I was there to comfert her. Thats what im going to do for you." Ryan said smiling at Jazman. "Wow, I never would have guessed." She said shocked. "Yup. Thats why shes so strong now. I let her know I was there for her and always will be. And Ronnie being over his decstance. Also because of you." He told her. "Thanks Ryan." Jazman said hugging him. "But I didnt do anything." He said confussed. "I know, but you told me you'll be here for me. Just like you did my mom. I know I can always run to you for anything." She said smiling at him. "Well I did pretty good." He said smiling. Jazman just laughed. "Well, come on its timeto eat." Ryan said as they both headed down stairs.