Celebration - Chapter 25

~Celebration~

I gripped Sebastian's hand tightly in mine, my heart beating so fast I was sure it was going to tear from my chest and catapult across the room. King and Queen then oldest heir to youngest, that's how it worked.

"You'll do fine" Axel promised a small grin on his face as he straightened the tiara and turned away from me I watched dismally as his back disappeared through the doors and a booming voice announcing his name.

"Five" I whispered shakily staring down at my silver gown "four, three, two"

"One" Sebastian and I whispered taking a step towards the doors, my right arm placed on his forearm. The double doors opened and I was momentarily blinded by the light before the hall came into focus, we were standing on a grand staircase that overlooked a mass of people staring up at us expectantly.

"Presenting Princess Christina Matthews of Alderlocke and her mate Alpha Sebastian Sharpe of Red Moon." I inwardly cringed at the low murmur that made its way through the crowd before squaring my shoulders and making my way down the stairs clinging onto Sebastian for dear life. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs I barely registered the sound of my younger sisters voice being shouted across the hall. I made my way to my parents and stood to Axel's right,the oldest siblings stood next to the father and the youngest with the mother. Sebastian had to stand behind me as we were not mated so he had not been officially recognised as a member of the family.

I watched with amusement as Thomas ran down the stairs full pelt his in his tiny suit, his own silver crown lopsided over his forehead as he skidded to a halt beside Abigail a cheeky grin crossing his face. A hush fell over the crowd as the King stepped forwards to speak.

"This Ball has been prepared in the celebration of the return of our second oldest, Christina. Although the threat hunting her is still at large, we believe the best place for her to be is right here, with her family. We are preparing for a battle for the threat made against the royal family and we humbly ask for your assistance to protect the Princess Christina"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the King and instead opted for a stoic expression as the crowd filled with strangers all dropped to their knees in unison.

"Long live the King! Long live the Queen!"

Oh, that's ironic, seeing as we're wolves and all.. you know long lifespan and all.

"Let the celebrations begin" the King clapped his hands together and music filled the hall, I fidgeted uncomfortably as my family all moved into the dance floor to dance. I watched in amusement as Axel danced closely with a flustered girl a wide grin on his face as he did so.

"Come on Chrissy, we have to dance too" Sebastian said softly pressing  his mouth to my forehead and gripping my hand.

"What?" I hissed digging my heels against the floor and he dragged me towards my dancing family "I don't dance! I can't dance, Sebastian don't you dare make me go out there!"

Too late. I groaned inwardly as Sebastian intertwined our fingers and placed his hand on my lower back, a small shiver ran up my spine as his thumb rubbed circles against my dress. The music changed and we were off, Sebastian moved us across the floor with ease, I struggled to keep up, trying not to stare down at my feet I stared at Sebastian's features, stubble had begun to form along his jawline, his eyes were glistening with pride as he stared down at me, his hair had become shaggy since I'd met him and fell to his eyebrows in waves. My heart swelled at the sight of the man before  me as I begun to move with more ease across the floor.

"Sebastian" I whispered staring up at him a grin forming on my face.

"mmh" he hummed, sounding almost suspicious.

"I love you, more than anything in this world." the music came to an end and I spun from Sebastian's arms into another, leaving him slack jawed and light eyes as he watched me dance away from him.

"You little seductress" Axel joked lightheartedly

"At least it's my mate Axel Matthews, the same cannot be said for you" I said sternly narrowing my eyes on him. He shrugged a coy smile playing on his lips, not offering any explanation for the girl who was practically sitting in a puddle at his feet.

"Having fun?" he said instead.

"My feet feel like they're bleeding and if I make one wrong move I'm going to break my ankle, this tiara is not as easy to wear as the plastic ones I had as a child and everyone is staring at me like I just evaporated from thin air." The light in Axel's eyes dimmed as he stared at me with sadness I brought his ear down to my mouth and said in a quiet breath "I've never had more fun in my entire life" Axel let out a loud ecstatic laugh and gripped my hips, my feet left the floor as he twirled us around, I lifted my arms into the air, tilted my head back and laughed before Axel set me back down.

"You dropped this" a gruff voice stated holding my tiara out to me,

"Oh! Thank you" I grinned sheepishly at the masked man as he bowed offering me his hand. He's asking for a dance moron, don't stand there with your mouth open like a fish I scolded myself before taking his hand.

"You don't belong here" he said angrily once we had gotten away from my family members

"Excuse me?" I scoffed in annoyance

"You don't belong here sweetheart. You belong with me!" he snarled gripping my waist so tightly that I let out a startled cry, gaining the attention of everyone around me. The man before me half shifted his features become  grotesque as he became half man, half wolf he tilted his head back and I watched frozen as he let out a long eerie howl. He looked back to me and I cringed away as the glass roof shattered and wolves entered the building from all directions. His eyes were red, a bloodthirsty red that was calling for death.

And it seemed like mine was next on the list.

- - - -

Sorry for the wait and for the crappy chapter, I just wanted something for you guys to read!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED