Not Just Were's - Chapter 2

~I lose my way.~ And it's not too long before you point it out. ~ I cannot cry.. ~ Because I know that's weakness in your eyes. ~ I'm forced to fake, ~ A smile, a laugh everyday of my life.. ~My heart can't possibly break.. ~ When it wasn't even whole to start with.~

~Not Just Were's~

Ethan took my hand and dragged me away from the hotel. I sighed sadly wishing nothing had changed that we still lived in our house next to the forest, that I could still have my parents laughter surrounding me.

I shook my head clear of my parents as Ethan and I tore through the forest running as fast as our human legs could carry us.

"We have to change!" Ethan growled his eyes now glowing yellow.

"No Ethan! You know it would be easier for them to track us!" I hissed,

"oh yeah and what about these clothes your wearing! How do you they aren't tracking us on the others scents" he said furiously. 

I froze his theory was a pretty good one "give me the card" I hissed, "I'll get us new clothes."

Ethan nodded and handed the card over, "be quick" he whispered, I nodded nervously swallowing the lump in my throat. I turned and ran onto the main street and straight into a cheap looking clothing store. I walked in slowly in case it was a human that ran the store.

I breathed in heavily and my nose was clogged with werewolf,

"argh I swear to god!" I muttered, picking up a small green tank top and black sweat pants in my size and a shirt and jeans in Ethan's size. I paid for them the cashier giving me a wary look the whole time.

"Thankyou" I said pasting on a smile before running out of the store. I bolted back into the forest.

"Here" I said giving Ethan the clothes,

"thanks" he muttered stripping.

"Ew" I muttered turning around and stripping myself, pulling the clothes on I turned to Ethan.

He sighed "alright where to?" He asked.

"Um.. we haven't eaten in a while so I think that's a good place to start" I said cocking my head in question.

"Yeah, good idea" he mumbled half heartedly, I gave him an uncomfortable smile.

Ethan and I were always close, he knew all my secrets I even told him about boys, as he told me about girls not that half the time I even wanted to know what he did with them. We were best friends but since we left we were to caught up in our own misery to really talk about anything.

I sighed softly as we came to a small cafe on the edge of town,

"humans or werewolves?" Ethan muttered grumpily his eyes still tinged yellow,

"oh we can only hope" I said sadly breathing in deeply,

I caught scent of humans and werewolves "it's okay" I said softly "there are humans and were's in there they can't do anything to us at the risk of humans seeing them."

Ethan relaxed slightly "so it's not just were's in this town.. Good" he said before we both walked in, the whole cafe fell silent and everyone turned to stare us. Some eyes were cautious and glowing and others were curious to know who the newcomers in town were.

I opened my mouth to speak but Ethan hit me over the head,

"argh! Hey ow that hurt" I muttered glaring at his back as he walked up to the counter. I rolled my eyes and followed him.

Ethan ordered both of us cinnamon rolls, I took my plate and walked to a table slightly hidden in the back of the room.

"Well" I said brightly "this town is awesome."

Ethan glared at me "it is not!"

"Yeah well it's not like we can leave now E, so much for a couple of days to find a town to live in. Now we're stuck here, we don't have a choice but to stay." I said biting my lip nervously, he'd been angry all morning.

"I know we don't! Tell me something I don't know would you!" He shouted angrily the whole cafe turned to stare at us. I stood up with tears brimming in my eyes,

"mum and dad wouldn't want to see you like this.. And neither do I" I cried leaving my half eaten breakfast behind and running out tears falling fast from my eyes.

I ran fast into the forest, "god I am so stupid!" I hissed wiping my eyes "he told me we should leave, but no I insisted that we should stay and now look at the mess that we're stuck in! We can't leave we're being hunted like deer and we can't stop fighting!"

I took in deep shaky breaths cleaning my face on my shirt. I glanced around and stiffened. Where the hell was I?

Way to get us lost... this is why your brother stayed close to town so this didn't happen!

"Ugh go away, I really don't need you lecturing me right now.." I muttered to my wolf.

"well, well, well" said a cruel voice behind me.

I spun around fast to see a man standing there a smug smile on his face, behind him were three wolves.

"oh shikentuckyfries.." I whispered with wide eyes,

"you wouldn't happen to be one of the rouges we're looking for would you?" He asked smiling in a menacing way,

"no" I whispered terrified "actually.. I think they went that way.." I said pointing to my left.

"Really?" he asked. I swallowed hard, "I'm the beta of this pack.. and I want you to come back with me now!" He growled taking a step forwards.

"No thankyou I'll be fine thanks.. Nice meeting you!" I said turning on my heel and running away, I heard loud snarls behind me.

"Oh crap" I muttered "now there following me, could this day get any better?"

"ETHAN!!" I shouted through the mind link "I know we hate each other or whatever right now, but I'm being chased by Mister Beta, I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP BEFORE I GET TORN TO PIECES... thanks"  I thought without waiting for a reply I cut off the mind link, he would find me right now I needed to concentrate on running away.

They were gaining on me fast because I refused to shift and ruin my new clothes not that they were awesome or anything. I stumbled slightly and whimpered as they got even closer.

"What the hell did I do to deserve this? Whatever it is I take it back" I hissed pushing my legs even harder despite my burning muscles and aching lungs.

'Ethan' I whispered 'I know you hate me right now but please come an save me' I whispered falling to my knees as the wolves began to surround me, tears streaming down my face. I should have known I couldn't out run wolves in human form.

I sighed "I have no choice" I muttered angrily before shifting. My clothes torn into shreds around me. The wolves backed up slightly in surprise, I glanced around they hadn't left any gaps for me to slip out of.

Damn these people clearly had practice hunting innocent people.

I crouched and let out a vicious growl flattening my ears against  my skull. The wolves growled back, I bared my teeth and snapped at the largest one's face. He growled in fury and clamped his jaws in my front leg, I yelped painfully as my blood trickled down my leg.

"ENOUGH!" a voice boomed, making the whole forest grow silent. I steadied myself on three legs, as the four wolves in front of me bowed in obedience.

The alpha had just arrived...

****

Hey everyone sorry if this chapter isn't so great, I was in a rush,

thanks for reading

Mellie xXx