Siblings

~Siblings~

The world around around me flickered between my memories of a life that was surreal and the present. Christina as a child running down sky lit hallways in silk dresses to the Christina currently having a panic on the floor surround by strangers chanting her name like a ritual.

"Princess Christina, Princess Christina, Princess Christina"

I groaned and pressed my palms to my skull, I could hear Ethan's voice demanding for  answers and someone was running their fingers through my hair.

"Christina! Quickly you'll be late."

"Axel is escorting me, itsn't it exciting I've never been to a ball before"

"And you won't if you don't stay still long enough for me to put this dress on."

I stilled immediately and stared at my reflection my sky blue ball gown falling to my ankles revealing a pair of shiny silver shoes. Meeting my own excited eyes I watched the maid behind me administer silver clips into my hair.

"Beautiful" a soft voice said from the doorway causing Christina to turn around in glee.

"Do you like it mummy? It's the one we chose together!"

"You look beautiful my little angel.

I gasped and opened my eyes like a fish out of water. Clutching at my chest I gasped for air desperately my surroundings.

"Christina! Christina! Stop you need to calm down" Axel cried gripping my shoulders and pulling me from the floor.

"I can't"

"Look at me. Focus on me. Breathe" he demanded. I stared at Axel, his silver eyes were brimming with worry as he smoothed his hand down over my bare shoulder, our skin to skin contact had a calming effect on my wolf and she stopped demanding to be let out.

"I'm okay" I breathed and the room came to a standstill.

The toddler was wailing in the Queen's arms, and the girl with the mixed eyes had her hands placed over her mouth eyes wide with horror. The King sat behind me his crinkled eyes filled with sorrow. Sebastian was being restrained in the far end the room growling angrily.

"Chris, you  okay?" Ethan asked casually as I was dragged to my feet, despite the panic he held in his eyes an easy grin was splayed across his face as he reached out an arm to touch me. I saw the man dressed in black sprint towards Ethan with panther like grace before I could utter a single syllable Ethan was across the room the mans hands wrapped his throat.

"What are you-"

"No Christina, leave it" the king spoke placing a firm hand on my shoulder.

"But he's my - brother"

"Not anymore sweetheart. Don't worry, they aren't going to hurt him, we just have to allow the both of you to adjust to the changes in your life"

I watched wide eyed as they let Ethan stand, he rubbed his throat and stared down the unknown man angrily.

"Right" I said softly "you leave me with him, make him believe he's my brother and now I have to adjust tot he changes." I said calmly turning on the red haired man "that makes perfect sense. I suppose you want me to run around in pretty dresses calling you Daddy too?"

"You have more to worry about than what you are going to call us Christina, look at your mate, he's worried for you, he's overwhelmed by the news. You have a little brother and sister who have been listening to stories about you since the day they were born. You have responsibilities because of the blood that runs through your veins because we're your parents, because we're you're family"