My Guardian Angel - Chapter 13 part 2

~My Guardian Angel~

Ethan and I stood inside his room, he said nothing as he made sure the door was locked.

Twice

"I think Lucy's my mate" Ethan frowned confusion evident across his harsh features

"Really? That's great!" I let out a girlish squeal, falling quiet when he didn't join in.  

"You don't understand Chris" he muttered pushing his hair back his eyes relaying nothing but stress "my mate she's dead."

News to me

"You - You had a mate?"I asked incredulously gawping at him

"You'll catch flies" he said flatly before sighing and falling against the bed "Zara was human, that's why I didn't tell you guys -not that you knew what they were at the time. I was going to make her fall for me, the human way I didn't want to spring the whole possessive crap on her but turns out a couple months after we started hanging out that she had terminal cancer. Incurable" he sighed mournfully.

"Oh" I said softly sitting next to him on the bed and holding his hand in support "so Lucy?"

"I don't know, I feel like Zara didn't even exist all I can think about is her and it's driving me nuts! I should be thinking about Zara but all I can think about.." he trailed of putting his arm over his eyes.

"Maybe - maybe the moon goddess is giving you a second chance" I spoke my voice barely a whisper.

"Maybe"

"Why don't you get to know her, atleast she's a werewolf and she isn't dying so you have all the time in the world to get to know her - at your pace"

"You mean like your going at your own pace with Sebastian" he spoke snarkily his eyes forming narrow slits.

"Yes" I spoke climbing to my feet "I don't know what you feel with your 'mates' Ethan, but our bond is getting harder to resist. From the moment I looked into his dark eyes it felt as if I was drowning in his soul, I couldn't look away no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. It's been getting harder and harder to ignore lately Ethan. I can't choose between you and Sebastian like you're asking you're my only family left and I love you more that anything in the world. Don't make me choose."I felt tears pricking my eyes and blinked them away heading to the door I grabbed the knob and turned to my older brother "You've been given a second chance don't throw that away" I murmured softly closing the door behind me with a gentle click.

"Hey Chris, I finally found you" Bear sighed exasperated as he sauntered up the hall, "are you hungry?" he asked leaning against the wall across from me,

"Yeah, I am actually. Are you my personal chef now?" I smirked

"No, you're cooking for Sebastian, Ethan, myself and you" he said a wide grin creeping onto his face

Ethan? After what I just said to him

"No!" I whined "I don't want to poison them"

"Too bad" he smirked

- - -  

I served the bowls of soup with shaky fingers, setting them on the table I watched as Ethan, being the good sport he is poked it with the end of his spoon cautiously, while Bear gave me a proud 'thumbs up' and Sebastian just smiled at me as if he wasn't sure wether to take Bear's or Ethan's side.

"Well" I said softly taking my spot beside Sebastian and acroos from Ethan "hope I don't kill you"

The room was filled with the soft clinking of cutlerly against ceramic soon after, not a single word was uttured the contact in the whole room was my mine and Sebastian's hands intertwined over his knee.

Nothing was said until the last slurp had finished and we all got ready to leave the room

"That was surprisingly nice" Ethan spoke grinning down at me as if we hadn't been talking earlier

"Really, you're not just saying that are you?" I asked the three boys wringing my hands

"No" Sebastian said immediately followed by Bear's 'Not too shabby Chris'

"That's good" I sighed letting a wave of relief fall over me"if you're all dead in the morning I'm really sorry. I'm going to go to bed thought, I'm tired" hugging Bear and Ethan goodnight I let Sebastian know I'd see him later and headed upstairs dragging my feet as I did so not bothering to change as I landed on the bed. Falling asleep instantly.

SEBASTIAN POV

"What are you doing here?" I growled angrily staring at the short wine red hair and grey eyes in distaste.

Axel.

"My job" he chuckled leaning back in the chair across from desk leisurely

"You're not to go near her" I growled feeling my wolf nudging at the surface

"Why not? It's what her parents wanted, their last wishes remember Seb? You were there, besides I won't be a very good 'guardian angel' if I can't go near her. Who else is supposed to save her. Certainly not you I hope" he said lightly moving forward in his chair as he studied me "we would all be done for" he chuckled as if was all a big game.

"You're not needed anymore" I snarled

"Oh - so would you rather be the one that tells her she's the illegitimate daughter of our good friends 'Mr and Mrs Black' tell me Alpha Sebastian are you trying to get her to hate you?" Axel asked mockingly.

- -

Here's the next part, a new twist to the story

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED