Locket - Chapter 19

Locket

Christina

I found my senses coming back to me as I slowly became aware of my surroundings the first thought that came to my head was heaven. Groaning at the pain bashing into my skull any thought of being dead was quickly diminished.

Peeling my eyes open I was greeted by a dim light coming from the direction of the partially open curtains and the faint smell of cold soup. Pulling myself into a sitting position I rubbed my face wearily, how did I get here? Wasn't I in the forest with Axel? Sliding across e covers of the bed  I let my feet sink into the plush carpet as I stood my legs wobbled dangerously as if struggling to hold me up.

"Did I  get hit by a truck?" I groaned to myself stumbling in the main direction of the bathroom, opening the door I felt my senses heighten instantly as my wolf rose to the surface as if she expected someone to jump out of the bath and tear my throat out. Giving me clear vision for a few moments I glanced down at myself noticing the blood that covered the fingers on my left hand and  bruises that littered my arm.

"Oh my god" I stumbled back in horror as an image of me attacking Ethan popped up, "what have I done? Ethan and Bear too?" I slid down the door bringing my hands to my mouth as the events from the night before revealed them self to me.

"You can't be that powerful, We aren't powerful. How could you hurt them?" I sobbed to my wolf

"It was necessary, they posed a threat and we are not Omega's what an insult."

I drew fast and sharp breaths into my lungs as if it would take the memories away. Stumbling to my feet I threw myself into the bathroom and locked the door behind me turning the taps of the shower on as hot as they would go. Closing my eyes I concentrated on the conversations running throughout the house picking up Bears and Ethan's voices I closed in.

"That's rough man" Bear noted softly

"Tell me about it, no matter the facts she'll always be my baby sister. How are your ribs?'

"Healing"

I withdrew from their conversation immediately, I broke his ribs? letting the water run over my body I scrubbed the blood away ignoring the sharp pain of the quickly healing bruises as I continued to wash myself almost as if I was hoping to be washed down the drain along with everything else.

I shrieked as someone knocked on the bathroom door "Christina?" Axel's voice came through and despite the feeling of trust that my wolf sent through to me I didn't answer as I shut the water.

"Christina?" he tried again "you in there" without saying a word I wound my towel around my and opened the bathroom door coming face to face with Axel's fist that looked just about ready to knock again.

"Yes?" I asked moving past him and into the walk in wardrobe

"I just wanted to ask, are you okay?" he stayed by the door while I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a long sleeved black shirt.

"I'm fine" I replied towel drying my hair and stepping out of the wardrobe to look at the strange person that had become familiar to me. He reached out for me and despite my flinch he drew me into a close hug and rested his chin on my wet hair.

"It's not your fault, your wolf felt your panic and received as you being in danger. She was protecting you."

"I know that" I said releasing him and stepping away refusing to meet his eyes.

"Sebastian wants to talk to us and Ethan. There is - something you need to know"

I nodded silently and my wolf shifted happily at the mention of Sebastian's name even though Axel regarded me with caution as if he expected me to attack.

-   -    -  

Sitting in Sebastian's office I wanted nothing more than to get up and run from my place on the leather couch, something was off and it made me uneasy, the way Ethan refused to look at me, the way Sebastian looked at me over the top of his glasses as if watching my every movement and Axel who stood stock still by the door watching me intently.

"I'm sorry E, I didn't meant to" I uttered softly to my older brother causing him to flinch and grunt in return.

"Chrissy, how do you feel?" Sebastian asked cautiously and my wolf purred inside me just at the sound of his voice

"I'm fine, what's happening you have to tell me what's going on?" I demanded jumping to my feet

"relax" Sebastian purred softly snaking his arm around me and placing me back into my sitting postion.

Muttering to myself I folded my legs underneath and looked at each of the men in the room. "What's going on"

"Chrissy" Sebastian started kneeling down in front of me and staring at me imploringly  "Your last name isn't Black"

I stayed silent, blinking once, twice, three times before a snort escaped me.

"Chrissy" Ethan snapped glaring through me rather than at me "this is serious. You want to know the truth?" he growled climbing to his feet.

"Ethan" Axel warned from his place by the door

"No, don't Ethan me" he growled before returning his attention to me "You aren't my sister Christina, your last isn't Black it's Mathews and apparently you come from some high class rich family that sent you away to protect. Oh and they altered both of our memories so that we think everything is real!" he shouted.

I shook my head frantically "no, no, no! You're lying E, why would you do that?" I cried lunging forwards and gripping the front of his shirt tears dribbling down my face.

"I wish I was Chrissy but we're not related." he bent down so we were face to face and drew me into a hug "not biologically anyway, you'll always be my baby sister" forcing something into my hand he patted my head affectionately "I went back" he whispered standing up and stalking out of the room. I sat stock still on the floor watching as tears hit my clenched fists.

"Chrissy" someone whispered behind me and I felt pressure on my shoulder, flinching away I looked up at Axel silently.

"Go away. Both of you" I muttered

Once the door closed leaving me alone in Sebastian's office I unclenched my fist and a gasp escaped my lips at the locket that belonged to my mother.

"Well, not my real one anyway" I murmured to myself as I started crying again taking in the familiar pattern and shape of the wolf howling at the opal moon. Gripping it with shaking fingers I popped it open and felt my heart constrict in one oval was a picture of my parents holding my baby brother, and the other was me kissing Ethan's cheek when I was eight years old. With shaking fingers I undid the clasp and put the necklace around my throat letting it fall against my chest I touched it lightly before climbing to my feet.

"I love you, Mummy, Daddy"

-  -  -

Hey guys, I'll try to upload quicker this time.

Thanks For reading all rights reserved.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED