Epilouge

Three Years Later. . .

Harry groans when the early morning daylight hits his face when he opens his eyes just a crack. He moves his hazy eyes over to his alarm clock, where the neon green lights show that it's later than he was thinking: 08:30. Time to start the day, he thinks to himself. He's surprised none of his other family members are awake yet, but he thinks it just may be one of those sleep-in-days. Besides, it's Sunday.

He pulls his arms out of the blanket and stretches, smiling at his gold wedding ring wrapped around his left ring finger. Up until a year ago, he had never worn a ring on that finger, and it was an amazing feeling to finally slide one on it at his wedding.

He's about to get out of bed when he hears a small sniffle to the left of him. When he looks over, Melissa is holding a tissue in front of her face that has a few tears running down them as she reads a book. The Notebook to be more exact. Why did she, of all books, pick the one that would make her cry the most? Harry doesn't know.

"Darling, why are you crying?" He asks softly, taking the book away and wiping her tears away and then softly kissing her lips.
"It's just, I'm at the part where they break up again! And it's really sad, Harry! Why can't they just live happily like we are?" She asks, as more tears leave her eyes.
"Oh, sweetheart. Please don't cry. It's only a story, it didn't really happen. But, yes, some couples don't have it as easy as we do, but we have also had it a bit complicated, right?" Harry soothes, sitting up next to her and cradling her a bit.
"You're right, honey. It's just sad." She sighs, snuggling into his scent that is on him almost everyday.
"I know."

After a few more minutes of silence, Melissa sits up, her tears dry and looking a bit happier.
"Gosh, Harry. I'm so sorry for putting you through all these mood swings. I'm so sorry." She giggles.
"You don't have to apologise darling, we both knew it was coming, and you've been pretty good about them. Besides, it's all worth it for this little one." Harry grins, placing a delicate hand over Melissa's protruding stomach.
"Yeah," She smiles, placing her hand over his, her engagement and wedding ring making a clink sound when it hit his ring. "Just three more months."
"I can't wait,"

While Melissa hasn't been a fan the morning sickness, sore feet, or mood swings, she's enjoying being pregnant. It's a weird feeling, but it gives her a sense of pride, carrying a baby in her stomach. The mood swings particularly haven't been what she's imagined. In the television shows and books, the women seem to be angry one moment, and crying the next. They take it way out of proportion. It's more like her overall moods change week to week, and she gets annoyed or teary-eyed easily. That's from the hormones. She can't wait to hold her little bundle of joy. She doesn't even know the gender, as she and Harry have agreed to wait.

While they just sit in bed, enjoying each other's company, Hazel walks into their room after they hear a toilet flush.
"Good morning, bumblebee!" Harry greets, and Hazel giggles at the name.
"Daddy, I'm not a bumblebee!" Hazel says in a 'duh' voice, but nonetheless, gets in bed with her parents.

"Hi, Mummy. Hi baby," Hazel turns her attention to Melissa, also placing a hand on her stomach as a way of saying 'hello'.
"Good morning, Hazelnut. You know you're going to be the best big sister in the world, right?"
"I know I will be, Mummy." Hazel answers, making Harry and Melissa laugh.

"Shall we go have breakfast?" Harry asks after a few minutes of snuggling with his family.
"Yes, yes! I'm soo hungry!" Hazel exclaims, already standing up and rushing down the stairs, while Harry stays back to help his wife out of bed.

"You good?" He asks, once she's stood up, rubbing her back a little as she seems uncomfortable.
"Yeah, it's just my feet. They're aching and swollen," She groans.
"I'll give them a little messuage after breakfast," He assures, giving her stiff shoulders a little messuage.

The two slowly make their way down the stairs, Melissa wincing every few steps as the weight of her stomach goes to her aching feet.

When the two reach the kitchen, Hazel is sitting in her chair with a small cup, waiting for either her mum or dad to fill it. Melissa goes right to work with starting the eggs and bacon, while Harry works on the toast, fruit and Hazel's water, and Hazel sets the table.

Harry watches his two girls with admiration, sometimes not believing how he has gotten so lucky to be here right now. Only about four years ago, he had broken up with Melissa, was having troubles with Grace, all while trying to take care of his two-year-old, which was a whole battle in itself. But he has overcome those challenges, and now he's happily married, has his beautiful little girl, and he has a baby on the way!

Even in his own happiness, Harry still thinks of Grace from time to time, sometimes wondering how she is. Is she with Dylan? Does she have a job? Is she healthy? He doesn't know. One thing he does know is that she'll probably be back at some point in Hazel's life. Though, instead of worrying about it now, he'll take life as it comes at him. Live in the moment. He's really happy right now, in a perfect place. He has a baby on the way for goodness sakes! And this time, he is fully prepared on being there for everything-the pregnancy, the birth, all of it-as there are some of those things that he never got to experience with Hazel, and it makes him sad to this day.

"Sweetheart, what fruit would you like?" Harry asks Hazel, seeing as he has already put blueberries on his plate, and strawberries on Mel's plate, that being the only fruit she can have at the moment without throwing up right after.
"Umm. . .kiwi!" She declares, that being the fruit she's been obsessed with lately.
"Alrighty then," He says, taking it and starting to chop it up. "You know, you're going to turn into a little kiwi if you keep eating them!" Harry exclaims, and Hazel starts laughing.

"Yeah, Daddy! I'm a kiwi!" She says sarcastically.

"Yes, but you're my kiwi. My little kiwi."

THE END

OF THIS BOOK

BUT FOR THIS FAMILY,

IT'S ONLY THE BEGINNING. . .

Author's (Final) Notes-

🤧🤧🤧

I teared up writing this chapter! I can't believe this book is ending!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for reading this book! I have so many people to thank, which is why I'm going to post one more part a little later with all my thank you's in this book. But just, thank you.

Umm...I don't know how to sign off!

All the love,
HSFanFicTion1994 ❤️🥝