2/ Chapter Sixteen

"Harry, are you okay?" Melissa once again asks me as the autumn-coloured leaves crunch under our feet. I mentally sigh in frustration. It seems like this is the only thing she's asked me in the entirety of our date.

We've already been on four dates, including our first, and things have been going great. However, a few days ago I got an email from Grace. How she still has my email, I'm not sure, but she let me know that her meeting with Dylan was great. She kept it very simple and didn't elaborate on it, which left me a bit concerned. But, it's not my business anymore so I'm trying to keep it out of mind, especially on my date right now. Though, it's a struggle.

"Yes I'm. . .fine." I say, a bit frustrated. She glances at me, then puts her head down, her eyes focused on her brown Uggs. I sigh, turning to her. "Listen, I'm sorry. I've just been a bit paranoid is all."
"Why?"
"Well, a little while ago, you know, after Grace said she wasn't ready to be a mum yet and went to meet with Dylan, she said that everything went fine with him. I don't know, I just have a really unsettling feeling about it. I hope she's making smart decisions in this." I explain, rubbing my forehead with my hand. I haven't been able to get it off my mind, and it's been driving me crazy.

"Have you tried contacting her?" Mel asks, looking at me with curious eyes. Mel has always been my favourite nickname for her, and I'm just starting to call her that again.
"Yeah, but she won't answer me."
"Well, let's just hope she's doing well." She answers, taking my hand in reassurance. I send a smile to her. I really hope that she is right and Grace is doing okay. It's a really unsettling feeling. I hope that's she's found a job to support herself, and is trying to cut the drinking and eating at least a decent meal.

That night, I pray for the first time in a while. I pray for my and Mel's relationship, family and friends, and of course, Grace. I really have to try to get her off my mind. She chosen to not be a part of my life. So, for now, I have to try to keep my life separate from her's. I know it's going to be a tough thing to get over, but I can tell things are looking up for me, Hazel, and Melissa. It's going to be a great next few months, I know. Even if I do still have a small brown piece in my heart for Grace.

Author's Notes-

I'm really sorry this was so short! I have the next three or four chapters planned, it was just this one little gap I was having trouble with. I promise the next one is going to be long. I knew I was going to be busy this weekend, so I tried to get this done quick. Also, I got new glasses today and my eyes are trying to adjust to my new prescription.

Anyway, I hope you guys tried to enjoy it. It was short and not very significant, but it's something!

HSFanFicTion1994