Chapter Twelve

"It's okay, baby. I know, you feel icky. But Daddy will make you feel better. I promise."

I must've fallen asleep at some point because I wake up lying on the couch, Hazel on top of me, gagging. My eyes quickly shoot open and I go into action. I grab Hazel and hold her at arms length, not wanting her to puke on me, again.

I rush over to my trash can and hold Hazel over it, waiting anxiously for her consumed food to make it's way through her body and into the trash bag.

After about a minute, I hear the familiar sound of vomit hitting the plastic bag. I try not to gag myself as the horrid smell and noise is making me queasy.

After about ten seconds, the puking sounds stop, but they're replaced with Hazel's cries. They sound raw because of her sore throat.
"Hey, it's okay, shhh..." I soothe, rocking my angel back and forth, making my way towards the living room.

I lay Hazel down on the couch but remember that I forgot her bottle in the kitchen.
"Darn!" I say loudly. I stare at Hazel, backing away from the couch as she lays there, looking at me intently. When I'm near the entrance of the kitchen, I quickly turn around and dash inside, scanning my eyes all over, trying to find the clear bottle with warm milk, sealed righty with a blue top and clear-brown nipple.

I find it next to my toaster oven weirdly enough and start walking back slower this time.

-BANG- I hear from the kitchen, followed by a scream and loud cries. My feet and heart go faster and when I enter the living room, I'm met with a scary sight.

Hazel must have rolled off the couch because she is laying on the floor, traumatised and screaming. Oh God, I don't, I don't know what to do! I swear under my breath and walk quickly over to Hazel.

"Hazel, oh, honey. Are you okay? I'm so sorry. So, so sorry." I murmur under my breath as I check her all over. I gently lift up her arms and legs. I check her head. I poke her and nudge her in some places. She seems fine. She's just so, so tiny and delicate. I don't know what I would do if something happened. I shouldn't have left her on her own. I'm stupid. But this isn't the first time I've made stupid decisions with her, and it for sure won't be the last. I need to be more careful though.

I gently lift Hazel, being ever so careful of her tiny limbs and figure. My hands are shaky. God, I'm so nervous. I mange to get her into a cradling position, carefully maneuvering her, still checking her for any signs of blood or signs she needs to go to the hospital. Luckily, she seems okay, despite her crying still.

"Hey, now, you're okay. Daddy has you. Do you have any boo-boos, bugaboo?" I ask in my special baby voice. As if understanding me, she untangles her arm from mine and puts it on her head. I take a closer look and see a little red mark swelling up, turning into a bump. "Oh, Hazel. That must hurt, huh? Let's get you some ice, hm?" I soothe, bouncing her a little bit as I once again go to the kitchen.

I take a cloth and wrap the ice in it. I gently rest it on Hazel's bump. Her raw crying get's louder again. I can only imagine how much that hurts her red, scratchy throat. But, they eventually subside as the bitter cold takes away the awful pain from her head.

I hold the ice on her head with one hand and feed her with a bottle with my other hand.

Soon, I'm laying on the couch, my eyes as well as Hazel's are drooping.

  **********

I wake up to the sound of crying in my ear, again, only about twenty minutes later. But that's not the only thing, it smells awful as well. I open my eyes to see Hazel's upset face, vomit all over her lips and on her body, as well as my chest. Her bump is also really big, and purple. Hazel looks like she's just been in an episode of The Walking Dead or something. It's really gross and sad to see.

I quickly reach over and grab my tissue box without a word. I wipe up my shirt as best I can; although, you can still see chunks of vomit. I then wipe Hazel's open mouth as well as her, having to sit her up.
"Da-a-a-a-a!" She sobs, clinging onto me for dear life. I don't know about you, but it sounds like she was calling me that.
"I know sweetheart. Daddy'll make it all better." Although I'm not really sure how. Hazel seems to be getting worse, not better. I'm kind of freaking out again.

I quickly take the thermometer from the table and clean it with a tissue. I lay Hazel down and unbutton her onesie. I quickly undo her diaper, seeing that she is a bit wet, but I don't care. I gently put the thermometer in her bottom, only making Hazel break into more screams and pained sobs. God, I'm really not sure what to do. On one hand, I want to impress everyone, but on the other hand, I need to make Hazel better. Even if it includes calling my mother.

Once the thermometer beeps, I take it out.

103.2.

Hospital. Now.

Author's Notes-

*Chapter not edited*

Man, this was so short, and you guys have been waiting so long! I'm sorry! This was a filler though, so I knew it was going to be short.

I wanted to inform you'l that for some reason, I can't confirm my email with Wattpad. I've typed in my email but it says it's already taken. So, if you try to write under the 'conversations' tab on my profile, or try to private message me, it won't work. Which is why I do it in my book. Although, I think I'll make a separate books for all of my updates and stuff like that, because I don't like writing it in the book.

Questions-

Uh-oh, Hazel's getting worse! What's Harry going to do once he's at the hospital?

Will he let other people help?

||

I promise, next chapter will be longer and better written. You can count on that.

By the way, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning because I had to go to the airport with some of my family because we were dropping someone off at the airport. So, if you see lot's of mistakes, this is why!

Until the next update, just keep reading!
HSFanFicTion1994