2/ Chapter Fifteen

"Where's your belly button?" Liam coos to Hazel, who is only clad in a nappy. She'll be starting pre-school in September, which is about a year away. I've decided to just get her started with things like body parts, shapes, colours, and objects. I'm trying to make it fun for her; like when I'm lathering her in lotion or getting her breakfast.

"Wight hewe!" Hazel squeals, pointing to her little belly button. Niall, Liam and I all cheer for her achievement. I've felt like it's been forever since we've all been together, so it's nice to finally meet up.

As we're cooing over Hazel, I suddenly hear a knock at the door. When I don't answer within five seconds, I hear the knock again, this time more urgent.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." I say, standing up all the way and rushing to the door. Whoever is at the door is not patient.

I open the door just enough to poke my head through. Grace is standing there, her eyes red and puffy as if she had just been crying. Though I must say, she looks much better than when I first saw her. Her skin and eyes are a bit more vibrant, and her hair looks clean.
We make eye contact for about five seconds before I quickly shut the door and turn around, a bit shocked at what I just saw. Sure, almost all of the times she's come over she's cried. Though, it seems that then, she was just sad. This time, she looks scared and very vulnerable. I don't think I've ever seen her like this before.

Liam and Niall look up at me expectantly, eyes showing concern and confusion.
"Liam, Niall, please go upstairs with Hazel." I say with a hint of urgency and panic in my voice. Immediately, they stand up, Hazel being perched on Liam's hip.
"Mate, what's going on?" Niall whispers to me, probably not wanting to scare Hazel, as she curiously looks around from her high position on Liam's hip.

I lean in really close to Niall.
"Grace is here," I explain. He stands there for a moment, eyes wide. I've told both him and Liam everything that's been happening with me and Grace, but they haven't really been around her since we were dating, and I'm sure it must be a bit shocking for him.

After those few moments, he looks at me and nods.
"C'mon, guys. Let's go upstairs," He orders, already on his way. Liam quickly follows behind.
"Wait, what's happening?" Liam asks again, with an echo in his voice from upstairs.

When I don't hear their voices anymore, I go to the door and open it again. She's still standing there. I can see the fear and despair coming right through her, even though she's showing no emotion on her face.
"Hi, come in. Sorry about tha-" I start.
"I know. It's because of Hazel, isn't it?" She says, still with no emotion. Though, she's saying it more than a fact than an offence.
"Umm, y-yeah," I mumble, scratching the back of my neck nervously. "Anyway, we need to talk," I say quickly, already really uncomfortable with her in the house, especially with Niall, Liam and Hazel only one floor above us.

I make us two cups of tea and bring it over to my coffee table, along with cream, sugar, and honey.
"Thank you," She says just above a whisper, sitting tensely on the couch. Her legs are tightly criss-crossed, her hands folded and digging into her stomach hardly.

"So. . ." I sigh, leaning back into the couch. "Where should we start?" We have so much to talk about. We haven't spoken like this since the time we had the big fight. I'm hoping we can keep it civil. Though, I'm not sure if Grace would be strong enough to pick a fight. She just looks so vulnerable and small with a sweater engulfing her small, pale frame.

"Harry," She starts, gently placing her delicate hand on my knee. I stare for a second, but then look back up at her when she starts talking. "I am so sorry I spanked Hazel. I-I don't know what I was thin-"

"Why did you do it? What was she doing that made you do that?" I ask calmly, letting her hand sit on my knee. I'm so tempted to just wrap her up in a hug, but I'm still a bit mad at her, and I want her to know I'm staying firm.