Chapter Eleven

Thanks for the idea Slythergirl543! I hope you don't mind, I tweaked it just a little bit, but it's still your main idea. I hope you enjoy what I have prepared!
***

I leave her room, happy that my baby girl was happy again.

Next Morning

Hazel cheered up a little after the bath last night, but she was still pretty cranky afterwards. I seriously have no idea what's going on with her. I just hope that she's better this morning. I'm also a bit concerned because when I put her to bed last night, her forehead felt abnormally warm. But I let it go because I figured it was just from the warm bath.

"So, thanks for letting me get my stuff." Melissa says awkwardly as I help her load the last few boxes that housed her possessions that were inside my house.
"Yeah, no problem." I say. It's early, only about 7:00 in the morning. Niall is upstairs with Hazel. She's still sleeping but the door is shut so I won't be able to hear her if she started waking up; so Niall's there.

I help Melissa pack all her things into boxes, and then put them in her car. This is all done in complete, awkward silence. I'm sad as well, this is kind of our last good-bye for a while.

"Well, I better get going." Melissa bids, shutting the door after I sadly lack the last box of her belongings.
"Yeah, uh...bye." I awkwardly say, twiddling with my fingers and fidgeting with a couple rings. We give each other a quick hug before she gets in her Portia and drives away, not before looking at me with a few tears losing their grip on her mascara-covered eye lashes

I can't believe I'm letting her go. I loved-no, I LOVE her so much! I know it'll be hard to get over her. I love her so so much, but I understand why she's breaking up with me, and I think it'll be good for me to not have a relationship for a little while. With work, and Hazel, it's a lot to juggle, with a relationship on top of that, if just get's to be a little too much. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to have a steady relationship with her, or maybe even another girl.

I don't even hear my phone start to ring until I come out of my thinking trance. I pull out my phone to see that it's Niall calling. Niall? Why would he be calling me? He's upstairs. With furrowed eye brows, I answer.
"Niall, what is it?" I rub my temple. I really am not in the mood to talk to anyone. I just kind of want to be alone with my thoughts at the moment.

"Hi, uh... Hazel woke up about ten minutes ago and she won't stop crying. Her cheeks are red and she's sweating. Oh, and don't even get me started on the smell coming from her." Niall explains the situation to me. He seems really frazzled and overwhelmed. I don't blame him, by the sound of Hazel crying through the other line, I would be frazzled too. In fact, I am frazzled. I don't even notice that I am until I feel the sweat start to stick to my back through my grey sleeping shirt.

"Uh, okay. I'll be right up." I reply with a panicked voice, and then hang up. Okay Harry, calm down. She could've just had a nightmare, or just be scared. Just don't panic. It'll all be okay. I rush upstairs while trying not to have a panic attack. Anxiety starts to take control of me as I near Hazel's bed room and hear the sounds of her loud, painful cries. My heart breaks for my little monkey.

I open the door, prepared for the worst.

When I open the door, I am hit with a foul smell; as Niall described. Niall is crouching in front of her wooden crib, whispering things I can't hear because of the loud cries Hazel is making.
"Hey." I say, approaching the crib. Niall doesn't answer, he's too frazzled I think.
"What's going on with you, Monkey?" I ask, looking down at Hazel who is squirming around in the crib, face red and sweaty. That's when I notice three things.