2/ Chapter One

The party went swimmingly from then on. Hazel opened all of her presents, squealing every time a new present was revealed under the beautiful wrapping paper. She would then give a hug and a thank you to the person who gave her the present, making the whole ordeal take about an hour.

The cake that Liam made was brilliam! (A/N- See what I did there?!) Hazel got more on her dress than in her tummy, but nothing a wash cloth couldn't fix.

Then, after cake, we all just talked for a while as Hazel played with her new toys, but then crashed on the floor after a sugar rush. It was a great birthday, even though it went by in the blink of an eye.

Today, Hazel and I are going on a train ride all through London. She's been wanting to go on one since she saw the train station on our way home about a week back. I haven't told her yet, but it's going to be fun.

"Where we goin' Daddy?" Hazel asked for the fifth time in the car.
"It's a surprise, sweetie, remember?" I told her once again. Hazel huffed, but stayed quiet. When I looked in the rear view mirror, Hazel was sucking on her dummy and fiddling with her Nemo shirt. It was once again a battle this morning to get her out of the Pooh onesie, but she eventually complied after I told her that the surprise was at stake if she didn't cooperate.

As, we pull into the train station, I roll down Hazel's window enough so that she can see what's happening. She can't see out the window when it's up because there's a little sun shade over the window. Seconds after I roll down the window, I hear Hazel gasp.
"Twain! Daddy, twain!" Hazel squeals bouncing in her seat a little as her bright green eyes go wide with excitement.
"I know! We get to ride on one." I say excitedly. The train station is more of a historical site. It's mainly for kids and families to go and see the history of it and ride the trains.

The train doesn't really take you to a different destination, you just do a big loop around London. You have to go to a station more in the center of London for that. There's also a barn and an old car museum. I've never been here before so I'm excited as well.

Luckily, it's not too busy today so I'm able to find a parking spot quickly. I set Hazel on the ground and she bounces around on her sneaker-covered feet.
"Les' go!" Hazel squeals, pulling at one of my fingers with the little bit of strength she has.
"Hold on there, missy! Do you need a change before we go on? There isn't a potty on the train and the ride is a bit long." I explain. Hazel shakes her head furiously, which leaves me a bit suspicious, but I changed her not too long ago and she probably has a lot of energy, so I let it go.

"Okay. Do you want to bring anything with us? I'm leaving the bag in the car." I ask again. Hazel ponders for a moment, touching her chin with her index finger and wrinkling her eyebrows.
"Water?" She asks after a few minutes. I smile and get her sippy cup from the bag. I make sure the lid is on securely and that the lock button is pushed so that no water spills out before handing it to her and grasping her hand. I also grab our sweatshirts as we slowly make our way to the ticket booth.

"One adult and one child for the 11:00 please." I say to a nice elderly man at the ticket booth. It's very old fashioned here. It looks like something you would see in the 1940's.
"Of course." He smiles warmly at us as he rings up the order on an old cash register. I hand him the right amount of cash as Hazel stands on her tiptoes, trying to see over the ticket booth counter. You can only see from her eyes up, which makes it hilarious.

As he's handing us out tickets, the train that we're going on blows it's whistle and makes the loud sound burst out of it's pipe. Hazel jumps and looks behind her as she tries to block out the noise by putting her hands over her ears.
"Daddy! Scary!" Hazel whimpers as she clings onto my leg.
"It's okay, Hazel. Remember your train whistle at home? This one does the same thing." I explain, hoisting her onto my hip.
"Scary." Hazel repeats as she buries her face into my shoulder.
"I know. But I can put my big daddy hands over your ears so you can't hear it." I compromise. Hazel nods, looking up.