Chapter Five

"Sleep well, sunshine. I'll be right here when you wake up." I whisper before the leaving the room, a proud smile on my face.

The next day

"I mean, she'll get over it, right?" I say, pacing around my living room. For the past half hour, I've been ranting about how Melissa is going to react to this whole thing. She's coming back today! At 8:00! I'm so nervous, I've had mean butterflies battling in my stomach since I woke up. Liam, Niall and Hazel have been sitting on the couch, watching me. Niall and Liam keep telling me the same thing over and over again, but I'm still not convinced.
"Harry! For the last freakin' time! She's going to get over it. Yes, she may be mad at first, heck, she may be furious! But it will all be okay." Liam says once again, patting Hazel's stomach, who's in his lap. How can Liam say that? How can he know that for sure?She may break up with me! She may never speak to me again. I guess I'll just have to try my luck.

**********

For the rest of the day, I'm a nervous wreck. Poor Hazel, first, I put her diaper on backwards and then I put her onesie on inside-out. But she forgives because I give her lots of cuddles after I get her diaper on the correct way and put her onesie on with the zipper on the outside.

"You're so silly! What are you laughing about, huh?" I ask Hazel playfully, blowing raspberries on her stomach. She squeals in delight and wiggles her body happily. I smile. She's lifted my spirits quite a lot today. I'm not as nervous now. We also have a plan which makes me more relaxed.

The plan is that I'm going to drop Hazel off at my mom's about an hour before Melissa arrives. I'll go home and clean up and put away anything that a baby would need. We decided that Hazel shouldn't be here when I tell Melissa, just in case it gets a little...... R-rated. We have about three hours before Operation: Melissa, begins.

I start to get nervous again during Hazel's nap as her flight is getting closer and closer to London.
"Guys, I don't know if I can do this!" I say in a muffled voice as I cover my face with my hands.
"Okay, that is IT, Harry! We're watching a movie, and that's final." Niall commands, tired of putting up with my crap. I would be too. I run my fingers through my hair. Maybe this'll be good. Maybe it'll ease my nerves. I don't know why I'm so nervous about this. I mean, I've known her for almost a year. She's a very understanding person. I just.... wait, I know what I'm most scared about. It's because I'm scared of losing her. I lost Grace while she was carrying my baby. And also my last girlfriends have broken up with me. I think it's the fame. I'm not always able to be with them and when they want me to be. It just gets to them. And they can't handle it. It's also the idea of sharing me with the world, I guess. Knowing that hundreds of girls want to be with me and hug and kiss me is just a hard concept for them. I guess I understand it, but I just hope it doesn't happen to me and Melissa.

Niall pops in 'Dumb and Dumber', which is a classic comedy. We make some popcorn as well, and I heat up a bottle for Hazel for when she wakes up. From the beginning of the movie, we laugh hard at all the funny parts, cracking up and pointing out our favorite scenes. Within the first quarter, I'm feeling better again.
Halfway through the movie, I hear little whimpers coming from my room. It's very hard to hear because the movie is kind of loud and my room is upstairs, but I manage. I head upstairs and open the door to see Hazel, close to the edge of the bed, getting closer to the edge. I nearly have a heart attack.

"Frick!" I exclaim, rushing to the bed, about to have a heart attack. I quickly pick up Hazel and hold her close. I wrap my arms around her small, warm figure. I rest my head on top of her's and rock her back and forth.
"Don't scare Daddy like that, sweetie." I whisper, giving her a small kiss on the top of her soft little head. I realize that that was the first time I had addressed myself as 'Daddy' and the first time I've kissed her. It's the most amazing feeling in the whole world. It's an amazing feeling to know that there is someone that depends on you as much as Hazel depends on me. To know that you may be the only person in the room that's able to calm her down. When you get those feelings, you just want to protect that person at all costs, no matter what it takes. And that's exactly how I feel right now.