New Addition

maryam2929 requested this extra! Hope you enjoy this!

Hazel had decided that she didn't like her new little brother. He was really cute in her mummy's tummy, and she was excited to meet him. And when the baby came out of her Mummy's tummy he was also cute, despite looking a little bit like an alien and just sleeping. However, now that he was home, all he ever does is cry and pee and poop. He couldn't play or even sit up without the help of Mummy or Daddy. And because the stupid little baby was always needing something, Mummy and Daddy didn't give Hazel as much attention as they usually did, which was basically all the time being an only child. And she didn't like that one bit.

"Harry!? Can you bring me another onesie and t-shirt?" Melissa yelled over the wailing newborn in her arms that had just vomited all over himself and Melissa.
"Again?!" Harry asked as he passed by the living room, carrying a basket of dirty laundry, which seemed to never be empty these days from the number of dirty baby and adult clothes.
"Yes!" Melissa answered exasperatedly, looking down at the baby again. Oliver Robin Styles was the name of the almost two-week old boy. They named him Oliver simply because they liked the name and it suited him. Robin was his middle name because Harry's late stepfather was named that, and Melissa's great-grandfather was also named Robin.

"Alright, give me just a minute," Harry said as he trekked up the stairs. He was sporting sweatpants and a t-shirt that were stained with vomit, spit-up, and some other mystery stains that he didn't care enough about to investigate. Melissa looked about the same, but she had that mother's glow on her body that still made her look flawless. The same could not be said for Harry.

"Mummy, I'm hungry. I wanna sandwich," Hazel whined as she got up from her place in the living room where she was colouring.
"You're gonna have to wait, sweetheart, I have to get Oli sorted out. Ask Daddy if you don't think you can wait," Melissa said in a voice heavily weighted with stress and rush. Hazel whined again, the six-year-old storming off to find her dad. Usually at this time she would already have a sandwich and they would probably all be sat at the table eating together and maybe colouring or telling funny stories.

Luckily, Harry came back in with a t-shirt and onesie just as Hazel was about to start searching.
"Oh, wow! How much vomit can such a tiny human have inside him?" Harry wondered out loud as he took the still wailing infant and began to change his clothes as he shushed him. "Shhh, you're alright, love," the man hushed. Luckily, the vomit had only gotten on the onesie and not the baby, who in no way liked baths they found out recently.

"Daddy, I wanna sandwich," Hazel whined again once Oliver was finally settled.
"Sure, baby," Harry replied, smiling at the girl.
"Haz, would you mind if I went to take a little nap upstairs?" Melissa asked as she stood up, still a little sore from the birth. "Of course not, love. Go ahead, I'll probably join you once Hazel's finished eating," Harry gave her a kiss before the tired new mother trekked up the stairs.

The father and daughter sat quietly at the table. Harry ended up eating some chips along with her. Actual family meals were of short supply this week in the Styles household. Poor Hazel was stuck eating a lot of mac n' cheese from the box, but she wasn't complaining.
"Daddy?" The little finally spoke up. Harry hummed to continue. "Will Oliver always be this loud?" Harry chuckled.
"No, sweetheart. Soon he'll start quieting down more though. I remember when-" Harry got cut off by the sound of Oliver's seemingly never-ending annoying cries. Harry sighed as he stood up and went to see what was the matter with his son. Turned out, he needed to be fed, so he had to go upstairs and wake up poor Melissa.

Hazel was once again left alone. She sat alone at the table with her half-eaten sandwich and Harry's half-eaten chip bag. She thought long and hard about this whole situation and decided that maybe it would be best if she ran away. I mean, it made perfect sense, Oliver was the center of attention now. And for reasons Hazel couldn't understand, they thought he was a lot cuter than her too. When Oliver wasn't crying they were always cooing to him and making funny faces. They had tried to include Hazel in this in order to make Oliver smile, but Hazel didn't understand. What was so great about smiling? She did it all the time.
Also, whenever Hazel asked for something when Oli was around, it seemed like to her parents it was the most difficult thing in the world, and she didn't understand why. So in Hazel's little six-year-old mind, now with all the attention on Oli now, it made perfect sense to her that they liked him more, and that she should run away. Now mind you, readers, Hazel's not trying to bratty about the fact that all the attention isn't on her, but it's all she's been used. In her entire six years of living, she's been an only child, and she got a lot of attention. This new baby that needed a lot of attention was foreign to her, and she had trouble processing it.

So, with this in mind, Hazel went to her room, passing by her parents room where Oliver was once again crying while Melissa tried to change his diaper. She pulled out her little suitcase from under her bed with pretty pink butterflies on. She packed clothing, some toys and books, and her toothbrush. That's all she needed, right? She quickly wrote a goodbye letter to her daddy and mummy and then left to start a new life. . .on the platform of her jungle gym.

"Mel, look what I found in Hazel's room," Harry said as he walked into the living room about twenty minutes later. Oliver was finally asleep.

"'Dear Mummy and Daddy,

I know you love Oliver more than me, so I'm running away to live in the backyard. I miss you so much already.

Love,
Hazel'"

There you some misspelled words in there, but Harry decoded it pretty easily.
"Oh, boy. . ." He sighed as he looked at Melisa. "Do you think we've been ignoring her, babe?"
"I mean. . .yes and no, if that makes sense. 'Cause it's not like we're downright ignoring her. If Oli is calm or sleeping we try to spend time with her. But she also has to know that all the attention isn't on her anymore, especially since Oli is so little. It'll take some time to get used to, but everything will work out," she smiled, kissing Harry on the cheek.
"Guess we'd better go find her," Melissa chuckled, looking over the note Hazel left.

It didn't take long for the couple to find their daughter, considering she was in the backyard on her jungle gym.
"Mind if I join you, Hazelnut?" Harry asked as he climbed the ladder. Hazel was sitting on the platform, her belongings from her suitcase strewn around as she played with some dolls. Luckily, it was summer so it was quite warm out. Melissa had to stay on the ground holding the baby monitor because she was still sore from the birth, and didn't want to attempt to climb a ladder when it still hurt to go up the stairs or sit on a toilet.
"You may come in," Hazel replied politely in her sweet high-pitched voice.
"We saw your letter, honey," Melissa, "and we want you to know that we don't love Oli more. We love you both equally, and that'll never change."

"We know things have been tough with Oli and everything, but you have to remember that he's just a little baby. He can't do anything by himself, so he needs me and Mummy to help him. You're our big strong girl though, right?" Harry added in, and a little smile formed on her face.
"Yeah! I can do lots of things, Daddy!" She exclaimed.
"Yeah! So, we may have to give Oliver a little more attention for a while, until he can be a bit more independent. But we'll try our best to give you your fair share of time with us as well," Melissa smiled, reaching up to stroke her hair. Luckily, the jungle gym wasn't very high up.
"And you know, sweetie, if you want, you can help us take care of Oliver. We know you can be a great big sister, and teach him lots of things. Only if you want to though," Harry offered to her, and a huge smile appeared on Hazel's face.
"Yes, yes! I want to! But, no diapers, Daddy. 'Cause they're gross," Hazel pointed out, and Melissa and Harry laughed.
"Alright, love. No diapers," Harry laughed.

They packed all of Hazel's things and brought them back to her room and put everything back. When they finished, Oliver woke up, and Melissa soon found out he was hungry.
"He's so little, Mummy," Hazel commented, even though she had already seen him many times.
"Yes he is," Melissa smiled. While Oliver ate, Hazel asked many questions about breastfeeding, and let's just say Melissa was very happy when Oliver was done eating. "Would you like to hold him, love?" Harry asked as he finished burping the baby.
"Yeah!" Harry carefully set the squirmy in Hazel's arms. She smiled at her brother. "Hi, Oli! I'm your sister, and I'm going to teach you how to do so many cool things," Harry smiled down at his wife as he recorded the whole thing on his camera.

"He loves you," Melissa whispered to her, brushing her soft curls.
"I love him too. . .usually," she mumbled out the last part.

There's the first extra! Hope you enjoyed. Just so you all know, I'm the youngest sibling of four and I don't have any children of my own so I don't know how accurate this is but I'm trying my best here! 😂

Keep requesting prompts on here!