Chapter One

Present day~10 months after Grace announced her pregnancy.

"Thanks, Harry!" A girl with tear tracks still on her face says after I take a selfie with her. She walks to her family as she squeals in delight, and I can't help but smile. This is one of my favourite parts about being famous and getting to meet people.

That was the very last person the meet and greet, and now I have a couple minutes before I'm off to three interviews today.

I pull out my phone as I head to my car where my driver, Charlie, is waiting. Before I leave, I text Melissa. She's going to see her family for a few days because her sister is getting married. I would go but I have to promote my new self-titled album; my second album.

Meanwhile, the paparazzi follow me, the flashing lights of their cameras practically blind me. Suddenly, one shouts,
"Hey, Harry, whatever happened to you and Grace?"

Grace. We haven't spoken to each other or texted for, I don't even know how many months now. After I found out she was pregnant at the park, we texted for a while. We talked about child support from me, ultrasounds, housing arrangements, even names. It was actually starting to work out. I was getting kind of excited for the arrival. Of course, Melissa got suspicious. I lied to her almost everyday about who I was texting, where I was going when I went to go meet with Grace to talk or for an appointment. Melissa and I almost broke up actually because I was also away doing interviews and stuff like that, and she just couldn't take it. She went away to a motel for a few days.

After that, Grace just went cold to me. I woke up one morning and I checked my phone. There was one message that said:

I'm having your baby, but it's none of your business.

I didn't really know what to think. I tried calling, texting, and DM-img. But she never responded. Melissa and I made up as you can now tell. I lied again by saying one of my friends was going through a divorce and I was helping him but he didn't want anyone to know. Reasonable.

I don't really know what to think of Grace now. I can't even remember how many months along she is now. Maybe she's given birth. I had completely forgotten about her until this moment. Anyway, I guess I'll never find out why she stopped talking to me, which is quite frustrating, but there's nothing I can really do now. She never responds to my texts or calls, even though I know she sees them.

As we're driving to the first interview, which is only about ten minutes away, my phone buzzes. I pick up the phone and press the green answer button. I hear Mel's sweet voice.
"Harry?" She asks through the phone.
"Hey baby. What's up?" I respond back, wanting so badly to be with her.
"Well, I'm actually about to leave for my sister's house and I wanted to say bye before I hit the road."
"Nooooooo....." I fake beg. "Don't leeavveee me!"
I say, trying to sound desperate. She laughs, I can imagine her rolling her eyes and shaking her head at me on the other line, and I grin.
"Don't worry Harry, I'll be back in a few days and then we'll see each other again." She says, still giggling.
"But I'll miss you!" I say, actually starting to get sad about the thing.
"I'll miss you too." She says, stopping her giggling and becoming serious.
"I love you so much Mel." I say sending a smooch to her, making the sound with my mouth. She sends one back.
"I love you too! Bye, see you in a few days." She says.
"Bye! Have a good time!" I respond before hanging up.

What am I going to do this weekend? Probably hang out with my best friends, Liam and Niall, do some shopping. Just relax; something I haven't done in a while. I make a mental grocery list as Charlie pulls into the studio for the first interview. I brace myself for a long day of interviews and fans. While I'm very grateful to be doing these things and having fans, it does get exhausting.