2/ Chapter Eleven

Melissa, she's always been very gentle, nice and understanding with children.
Grace. . .I'm not so sure.

I finish writing my song, titling it, 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go'. I've been going over to the studio a lot lately and been getting in some great writing sessions as well as tips for when I'm writing at home. Hazel's in her play pen, playing with some dolls and other toys.

Suddenly, my phone rings. I look at the caller ID to see Louis.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Hey, Harry." He answers, them goes straight to the point. "So, I know I'm scheduled to work tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to." He says a bit nervously. I throw my head back and try to hide my frustration. I'm so supposed to be going on a date tomorrow with Melissa.

"Why?" I ask.
"One of my sisters is in labour right now, but her water hasn't even broken yet. I'm so sorry." He rushes out in a panicked voice. I instantly soften up and get rid of my previous anger. This is super exciting.

"Oh my gosh, Louis! Don't even worry about it, this is great! I wish your sister all the best!" I congratulate.

"Thanks, Haz. Are you sure you won't need any help finding a babysitter?"

"I'll be fine, now go!" I chuckle, then hang up. I sigh and rub my face with my hands, a bit stressed. Of course, I want Louis to be there for his sister, but now who's going to babysit Hazel? It's a Friday tomorrow. Who wants to babysit on a Friday?

"What's wrong, Daddy?" Hazel asks, just being able to put her hand on my knee in the play pen.
"Nothing's wrong, angel. But, Lou-Lou's not going to be able to come over tomorrow." I explain slowly, and her face drops. She loves Louis, loves him like a brother.
"Nooo! I wan' Louis ta' come! We's gonna play!" She exclaims.
"I'm sorry sweetheart. I wish he could come too. His sister is having a baby though!"
"Baby?" She mumbles, looking up at me with wide eyes.
"Yeah, a little baby boy! And he wants to meet him as soon as possible."
"I-I forgib' him then!" She declares, and I have to hold back a chuckle.
"I think he'll be very happy to know that." I laugh.
"Who's gonna watch me then?" She curiously asks, and this time, I don't have an answer.
"I don't know, babe." I answer as I walk to the door with her rested on my hip, hearing a knock.

When I open the door, Grace, of all people, is standing there. I swear under my breath, realizing that I'm holding Hazel.
"Hi, Ha-" She stops mid-sentence, eyes becoming glued to the adorable little girl resting on my hip, dummy in her mouth. I have to admit, she looks adorable today, light brown curly hair tied into two pigtails, wearing a light blue dress with little yellow flowers. Her face is an exact copy of mine, the only evidence that she's Grace's are her nose and face shape.
"Hello Grace. What a 'pleasant' surprise it is to see you." I mumble, stepping aside so she can enter. Her eyes stay glued to Hazel as she steps in.

"Yeah, yeah. Nice to see you too." She mumbles distantly.
"Hi, Hazel." She whispers, coming closer to the two of us, tears filling her eyes.
"Hi," Hazel mutters shyly, giving a wave. "Daddy? M'hungwy." She mumbles, burying her face in my neck.
"Okay, darling, we'll get you something to eat." I eye Grace, signaling her to follow us.

"Sooo, why are you here?" I know I'm sounding rude, but I would've liked to have a heads up before she comes over. Plus, I'm not too pleased that she's meeting Hazel. I don't want to keep Hazel from her mother, of course, I'm just not sure Grace is the safest person to be around either. Luckily, she dressed better this time. She's wearing a floral tank top and white capris. Her hair is in a ponytail, brushed, and she's wearing red lip stick. She also doesn't smell as strongly of alcohol as she did the first time she was here.