2/ Chapter Thirteen

I have a feeling it's going to be a rough next couple of days

Third Person POV

When Harry said that he thought that the next couple of days would be rough, he turned out to be right.

That 'slight headache' that he had developed the night of his date with Melissa has turned into an awful cold. His nose has turned red from how much he has been blowing his nose. A horrible wet cough is also haunting his every hour, making his throat feel raw and scratchy. He hasn't felt this sick in awhile, thinking that he often treated his body well, not getting drunk too often to keep his vocal chords in tact and eating relatively well.

On top of his sickness, Hazel is going through a very clingy stage at the moment. He understands why, from her horrible experience with Grace. And while being spanked isn't the most traumatic thing someone can go through, it is for Hazel, as she is only two and being spanked for the first time by almost a complete stranger is a scary thing to go through.

And while he usually loves a cute, cuddly Hazel, he really doesn't want to get his baby sick, and her being around him is only increasing the chances of that happening.

Luckily, his mum volunteered to come over and distract Hazel, after hearing a phone call from Harry, explaining his predicament.

Which brings us to this morning, where Harry had been up most of the night sneezing and coughing. His sickness wasn't this bad yesterday, so he didn't think to take any medicine before bed. Boy, was he wrong.

His mum had been here for one day now, and she was sleeping in the guest room. She really had been a huge help to him. He was just a bit worried because Hazel usually only wants him when she wakes up. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Harry was dozing lightly in his room until about 08:30, when he heard soft groans from the baby monitor. The pack of baby monitors that he had bought actually came with a lot. It was so that you could put one in most, if not every room of your house. However, Harry usually just looped one in his belt loops of his jeans, while another was in Hazel's room. He just kept the others in storage in case one broke. He gave his mum one last night so that she could hear Hazel too.

He listened intently to the monitor, as he heard the door open, signifying that his mother was in the room.
"Good morning, sweet pea," Anne greets with a soft, high-pitched voice. Hazel just groans again. "Did you sleep well? Have good dreams?," She asks
"Nana?" Hazel's cute groggy voice questions. Harry can't help but smile at the monitor. Some days it just really hits him hard that Hazel is really his. To keep and love forever. Even if Grace does start coming into her life more, Hazel will always and forever be a Daddy's girl. "Wan' Daddy," He hears his little girl say, and he frowns slightly. He just wants to go to her, pick her up, and take in her sweet smell that never leaves her, but he doesn't want to get her sick. And in all honesty, he feels way too dizzy to attempt to stand up, or even walk for that matter.

"Daddy's feeling a little icky today, so he has to stay in bed. That's why I'm here though! And we're going to have lots of fun!" Anne reassures her.
"Icky?"
"Yeah, icky. So he has to stay in bed and get better with medicine and plenty of rest."
"I make 'im better," Hazel states firmly. Harry chuckles slightly at his girl.
"No, no, angel. We don't want you to get sick too. Daddy has to get better on his own. Now, how about we go downstairs and have breakfast, and then you can make him a pretty get better card?" Anne says sweetly, and Harry hears the crinkle and brushing of sheets.