Chapter 30

Hey Guys! I know it's been such a LOOOOONNNGG time, but I had severe bad writers block. I didn't know what to do, that is until I saw a movie and it all came back to me o.O Lol so here you are! if it's confusing, leave me questions and I'll answer them as best as I can without giving that much information on what's gonna happen :) Oh and I've been thinking about doing a sequel... What about it, should I?

Thank you guys :D Enjoy

-Tatiana xoxox

Chapter 30

Mike (Katherine’s birth father) POV

Should I trust this kid? I guess, if I want my baby girl alive and well. And that’s not gonna happen if she stays here with that Jonathan kid. Those men are out for blood, my blood to be more specific. But my family is a part of me, so naturally they go after my family first.

I remember my days in the gang. Back in the day, you wouldn’t dare to go anywhere near the family, you would just kill the person you were assigned to kill and that’s it. But now a days, you do something wrong, you will watch your whole entire family die and then they’ll kill or let you live with the memory of seeing your family die.

Those morons that are planning to kill me are the same morons that were in my gang, and others are the ones that just joined. I guess they never learned the first lesson I gave them: Go after the person you’re assigned to kill, not the family.

Now, do you get why I call them morons?

I bet whatever I have left to my name, that my best friend -well ex-best friend- is the one who is behind this all. He believes that I slept with his wife and then killed his children along with her. Little does he know, that I tried to prevent this all. He just had to open up his big mouth and tell everyone where I was. He couldn’t leave Rose and I, so we could start a new life -without the running- and then later we would get Kat. I always told my brother that I would get her back when she turned 17. That girl is destined for great things and when she realizes it all, it’s all gonna be in her favor.

The saddest part of it all is that Katherine turns 17 in 3 weeks. I have a feeling that on her 17th birthday, something we do not expect will happen and it will come hard. If there was only a way to prevent it all.

Yeah, I’ll have to think about that later. Now I have a daughter and a wife to get too. Oh and…. A ex-convict who wants my daughter as his own.

You know…. Devon does act and look like Charlie (ex-best friend) and Amanda (Charlie’s dead wife).

From what I remember, Charlie and Amanda had a 9 year old boy. And from what I witnessed, they killed the boy with Amanda.

Charlie has that midnight hair and dark brown eyes and Amanda had Raven black hair with these amazing blue eyes. They both were very tall and Charlie has an athletic build.

Charlie has or had a twin, he’s name Damian. They were identical twins, you really couldn’t tell one from another, that is if you looked at their eyes. While Charlie had dark brown eyes, Damian had light brown eyes, but from a far you couldn’t really tell. I don’t know what exactly happened, but I do know that Amanda is dead and I thought that the boy too but I guess I’m wrong.

Looking at Devon now, he looks so much like Charlie and Amanda. He has Amanda’s ears, lips, eyes, nose, and hair texture and color. He has the athletic build, the demented personality, the nasty look, and the possessiveness that Charlie has.

I don’t know about you, but I’m 99.99% sure that he is Charlie’s.

Even if you don’t believe me now, Charlie, Amanda, Rose, and I were all best friend’s back when we were in high school. Charlie was the jock, Amanda was the cheerleader, Rose was the smart one, and I was the bad boy. Even if we were from different cliques, we all came together after school; our reputations were far to valuable. Except mine and Rose’s.

Explain to me how a bad boy and nerd together were to not create drama.

My reputation was important to me, but Rose was more important. She and I graduated before anyone else, well not before. We were just younger when we graduated. It was like we were the babies, only graduating at 17 and not at 18 years old. Rose graduating 2 months pregnant and me with not a care in the world and turning 18 two months later, that is until I found out that they were hunting me down.

The weird thing is that Charlie wasn’t the instigator in all of this, he just took after the other one who was in charge when I left. I left the gang when I turned 18, give or take a few months. The things is that I may have been one of the most deadliest out there but behind closed doors, I wasn’t.

I was always a big softy when it came to Rose and to unborn Katherine. Those two were my world. Even when I met Rose when I was 5, I knew she was the one for me. And to prove things right, we are still happily married after 17 years.

Rose and I got married when she was 5 months pregnant. She had a belly, but to me it was perfect. It to fit perfectly, that is until I was being hunted down.

What the hell am I supposed to do now?

I just discovered -well more by felt- that Devon was Charlie’s son. They shared the same blood and DNA.

What should I do now?

Ugh! I can’t have this creep with my daughter! But on the contrary, if I have him with me and lure him to Charlie, tell Charlie that this is his son, I won’t die and so won’t my family.

But how do I lure Charlie to us or Deon to Charlie?

I have Charlie’s number. I can bargain with him, but the same time, could I really do it?

If it means I can protect my family and keep my princess safe, then so be it.

But what if…

“Hey, where exactly are we going?” Devon asks, snapping me out of my whole internal battle. We are currently in my car heading to my secluded house a little more over 10 hours from where she originally lived.

From what I know, Charlie thinks I’m heading south when in reality I’m heading west. Now, I only have to pry information out of Devon.

“We’re almost there, just about 5 hours more.” I assure him. He looks anxious, but in a blink of an eye, it all disappears.

“Hey Devon, tell me about your family.” I tell him and he immediately tenses up. Huh, family problems.

“Umm, well nothing really. I have a step-mother, a father, and a half-sister. We’re not all that exciting.” he says, but something in his voice sets me off. I don’t know if he’s nervous or if it’s really true, but something about him just screams CREEPER. My judgments might have been wrong.

I don’t have time to keep on with this guessing game. I really have to find out soon and save my family.

It’s either save them or die trying. And I really hope it isn’t the latter.