Chapter 4

Katherine POV x one week later x

This week that passed has been amazing with Devon. He really is the sweetest boyfriend on this planet. In this last week we have gone out everyday, he's not the romantic type, but the thought counts, right?. Anyway, my parents love him and he is just so polite with my parents and with me; he holds the door when I'm about to enter anywhere, he holds my hand and kisses every single finger. He kisses my cheek every chance he gets and pulls me up to sit on his lap, it's like I weigh nothing. He has gotten me presents like a purple heart crystal neckelace ( foto over there > or so I think lol ) . He's never gotten angry with me and keeps apologizing for what happened the night happened the night of the party. Jonathan and I are still bestfriends, but everytime Devon, him and I are together, I can see a hint of jealousy in his eyes when he sees Devon and I together. I don't think it's anything cause I'm nothing special, you know that thinking of it, Devon has never called me beautiful. Well it's still the second week that we've been together, so I guess I can't expect much.

" Hey doll, I got us some drinks" Jonathan said. He has this weird obsession of calling me doll,but hey I'm not complaining. I like it actually.

" Thanks" I said giving him a smile. We were at the park> I just love being here, it's so peaceful, especially at 6:45 pm ( weird time lol).

" hey, you doing something tomorrow?" J asked

" Nope, nothing. Devon is at a family trip all this weekend"

" Ok, well would you like to come with me to the beach tomorrow, just like we used to do before?" I didn't even need to think about it.

" Yes, at what time?"

" around 10 am"

" Ok, I will be waiting"

" No you're not, because I know you. You like to sleep" I just rolled my eyes, I do like to sleep, but I CAN get up if I have to.

" So, I should get you home. It's 7pm. You're gonna need your sleep for tomorrow" J said getting up and extending his hand for me to take it. He was telling the truth; everytime we went to the beach, we would play in the water and then would have a race and whoever got there first, ME, would tackle the other. It was stupid, but we loved it. I took his hand and started walking home holding his hand. We always did this and everytime I felt as if our hand fit perfectly together. But i can't think of him like that, he's my bestfriend for crying out loud.

I looked at him one nore time and he wasn't looking my way, but he was smirking, knowing I was looking at him. I blushed crimson red, he always managed to make blush. We got home and I thought he was only gonna drop me off, but I was dead wrong. He was my nextdoor neighbor and I had groen up with him, so it was weird if he was entering my house without even asking. I just shri=ugged it off; he sat on the couch and motioned me to sit beside him, which I did. He put his arm around my shoulder and I snuggled closer to him. This was very normal for us, we just had that type of relationship, it was very natural, just like breathing. I heard a knock on the door, but my 13yr old sister, Andrea, got it.

" Hey Andrea, Kat here?" I know that voice, Devon, but wasn't he supposed to be with his family?

" yeah, she's in the livingroom with Jonathan" Andrea said.

" What the Hell is this?" Devon screamed at both us.

" look, dude, it's nothing; you know us, we're always like that" J said trying to calm Devon down, but that was failing misebarely.

" J, go, I'll try to calm him down" I said leading him to the door. I've lonly seen Devon angry once, and I know it's not good. So, I better get him out of this.

" Ok, but if anythings goes wrong, I'm nextdoor." I nodded. Once he was out the door, I spoke to Devon.

" Devon let's go to the backyard" I said. We went ouside. I was hoping that he would be calm by now. Boy, was I wrong. You could see the anger and vein popping on his forhead.

" Devon, look-" I was cut short with him throwing wood on fire to me. I screamed in agony. I felt as if my skin was rippping off my body. I was sreaming and cryig uncontrolably. He just looked at me smirking.

" What the hell did I do?" I yelled with tears streaming down my face as I tried to put out the fire that was on me. He just ran out the door and there was Jonathan standing. He quickly got the hose and spread the water on me toput out the fire. I could see him comming towards me, I was seeing everything blurry, until darkness consumed me.

Jonathan POV

I left her house worried. That monster could do anything to her.

" AHHHHHHHHHHH" I could here someone screaming. I looked out my window and saw Kat on the grass screaming her head off because she was on.... FIRE! Why the hell was she on fire? I ran to her backyard and found Devon smirking as he saw Kat burn to death. He saw me and started running. I'll get that bastartd later. I took the hose and sprayed Kat to put out the fire. When it was out, she blacked out. I picked her up brydal style and went to my car. I layed her in the back seat, with tears streaming down my face. I sped off to the hospital, which was surprisingly close. I got there, picked her up and ran through the emergency section.

" HELP, SHE WAS CAUGHT ON FIRE" They reacted almost instantly. They took her from my arms and put her on a bed-type thing. I was trying to follow them, she looked terrible; some skin that was on her arms and legs were peeling of, but I didn't care she was still beautiful to me.

" Sir, you can go in there. You have to stay here" the nurse said. I looked at her and just nodded. I took a seat and dialed Savvanahs number.

" hello' her cheerful voice said, well sh'es not going to be cheerful anymore.

" hey Savvy, it's me, J, I have to tell you something" I said, my voice breaking.

" What's wrong?" she said.

" I'm at the hospital with Kat. Devon was burning her alive" I said and the line went dead. Ok, weird. I sat there with my head in my hands, tears slipping down my cheeks. I can't, I WON'T lose her. Suddenly there were 2 arms wrapped around me and I could feel a part of my shirt getting damp. I looked up and Savvy crying too. I just hugged her. That god dang bastard is going to get it.

****************************

Well there you have it. I was on the verge of tears when I was writing it. Hope you liked it and comment and vote. What would you like to happpen next? tell me. Thanks for reading. - Love ya guys. Tati