E: Note To Self

As a writer I am powerful, as a news reporter I snoop, as a poet I think of ways to speak of life, and as of right now I’m grateful of my accomplishments. In my stories I am ‘God’, I decide the fates of many, the actions ands the thoughts. I control who interacts with who, what is created, and what is not. I create morals and demolish others. But in reality I do not control others. I cannot decide how they react. I am a reporter and investigator. There’s always something out there happening and there’s always something that I can report. However, how much of it can I truly understand?

  These worlds I create are meant to tell a story. They serve a purpose. To entertain, to guide, to preserve… Words are powerful and as a writer I should know my power… And my limits. However! As a news reporter I know there is no limit. Knowledge is a tool that withholds many upgrades.

  Recently, I’ve been stricken with challenges. I ask why. I want to know why. But I will never get to grasp all the questions that run though my head when I think. However, I will try. As a reporter, I will chase, and as a writer I will express the experiences that I go through.

  I do not understand what to believe. I do know who I do believe in. If anyone, I believe in myself. I am not the Deity of the people around me. I did not create them. But. I have power in what I do with the words I write. I speak for many who are mute in the ways of writing.

  Determine what to believe. However, promise me that you will never stop believing in yourself because you have power. You are strong.