P: Working Things Out T: Curious

Date: Sometime at the end of February to early March  

"Did you actually feel that way?"

"Yea." A smile spread across my face. "If only it were like that still."

"Don't worry. You'll find someone. There are billions of people out there."

"I understand that." I say as I look into her eyes. "And I can't wait for that to happen. However, that won't be till the future."

"You can always get someone from 'there'."

A laugh escaped my lips. "You have no idea how bad of an idea that is. 

Her eyes sternly locked with mine. "Desperate measures."

"In case of emergency," I say with a shrug and a sigh. "I would do anything else before resulting to that." 

"Even to get back with an ex?" Her tone curious. 

"By all means. She is one." I fake smile. 

"Any other ex." She rolls her eyes in aggravation. 

"Either way."

"Would having a chance with me change anything?"

Another laugh escaped my lips. "Sure. That would change everything. Actually. I'd be quite curious to why you'd take the desperate measures."

She shakes her head. "It's not that you're a bad guy." She shrugs. "I just thought og you as a really good friend is all."

"I wouldn't want to disappoint you." I say with a small smile. 

"You wouldn't." She states sternly. "If I wanted to be with you. If it was the only way to say you. As a friend, I believe I would do it. You'd do it for me."

A hint of shock in my eyes. "I liked you. That makes me that much easier for me."

"No." She says strongly. "I mean. If it were the only way to cheer me up, to save me, to-"

A wave of my hand silences her. "I don't want you to feel that way. If there's any man out there that hurts you. You let me know. I'll teach him to hurt you."

"See." She said with a twinkle in her eyes. 

I sigh. "Emerge from the nerves that I had long ago. You've emerged from your shell but you still don't tell. Things have changed since a few years ago."

"I'd say that I'd talk with the girl that broke your heart but you say that you broke hers too."

A curious look. 

"So you two are even. We aren't hurt. We're friends."

A nod. "Your point?"

"I believe you can do. You gave me hope at times. Trust me. You wanted to hear me out. I'm glad. Now you have to step forward. Forget about how much it hurts. You're over me."

"We're still friends though..." low voice. 

"And now you have more friend than you did back then. Come on, man. Get up. I don't want to see you down."

Conclusion: When I write poems for "Steps To Greatness." It is strictly because I am bored or I want to create something not prior to my life. Then, I come across of few like this one and I transfer them over to my current personal poetry book. Right now I'm writing a poem based off of the list that's sitting right in front of me from Dr. T. I'm only on number five. The exact directions is to: As a conversation between two people, objects, ideas. or animals. 

 I really like going through suggestions. Maybe I can make one of my own. I can't really imagine a poem being strictly dialogue but I'll count it and maybe redo it but I gave this a conclusion because I needed to record why I wrote it. Sometimes when I write poems I don't know why I write them. Most of the time I can remember but I may be confused about this one in the future. 

 Man, I really want to talk to Naomi right now. Only if I knew where my phone was lol.