•||Chapter 23- Natasha is dead||•

Thanking everyone who voted and commented on the previous chapter I love you all:)❤

..........

"The report is useless. Manik is not ready to commit his crime. He is ranting the same story since the first day. One month has passed dev. One month. Since one month he is in the custody. But we are clueless. "

Karthik huffed in dismay. This manik thing was getting more complicated.

"One side it is Manik another side we have that Arjun Mehra. What the hell is going on with me? You know I was not with Sonakshi when she needed me. Dad used to drop her and pick her every day during her exams. And my wife is so good that she didn't say a word. "

"We are doing this for Sonakshi. I think you must ask Sonakshi about Manik or we must bring Sonakshi here. Maybe Manik will tell her the truth. "

"I won't. I won't drag Sonakshi into this. "

"Dev, she is the sole reason we are handling this situation. Try to understand. She will help us. "

"And what about Mehra. That man is a pain in my ass. "

"He is your competition dev. He will try his best to drag you down. "

"God! My life is so messed up "
He facepalmed himself in frustration.

.........

At night

Dev was sitting on one of the chairs in the balcony, eyes closed thinking about the whole mess happening in his life. Talking to Sonakshi was a difficult task. She will fire infinite questions on him.

He felt someone massaging his head and a smile formed on his lips.

"Sonakshi," he asked with close eyes.

"Yes, why are you stressing yourself dev? Take a break. I know everything " he snapped his eyes open and look at her.

"What do you know? " he asked in horror. She wiggled her eyebrows and smiled lightly at him. Making her way towards his lap, she adjusted herself on his two legs. Dev looked at her with curiosity filled in his eyes. She traced her finger from his forehead to his little grown moustache smiling lightly at him.

"Dad told me that your rival is creating problems for you. Someone called Arjun Mehra. He was your classmate but since his and your father were business rivals you both grew together in that atmosphere "

"Oh yes," he sighed.

"Why are you sweating? Are you hiding something? "

"No. Not at all " he shrugged.

"Dev," she said sternly.

"God, you are fitting in perfect wifey shoes huh! " he teased.

"I spent most of my time with you. So I am habitual of you. Now tell me what is wrong? " she said kissing his left cheek lovingly.

"Manik " he whispered. Her whole body stiffened. She looked at him with a blank expression. Now, what was coming for her?

"What about him? " she said standing straight and all ok.

"Sonakshi, come here. I can sense your discomfort " he called for her while she looked at the sky.

"What can I do for you? "

"Remember our first fight. This is related to it. I want your help. We want something from Manik. It's been a month. The police are tired of asking him questions but he is not answering them properly. You can help us, after all, you both had a history "