27

Not even the bath had cleared the clutter of thoughts roaming your brain, but it did wipe away the fog that hazed your thought process and you felt fresh.

You had been in for an hour before getting out and helping yourself into your previously discarded clothes.

Not a peep was heard from Reid and it frightened you a tad. On your way downstairs you fed the birds, stroking each one softly before leaving.

When you went downstairs you found Reid, on the couch, napping.

A book was held sloppily over his chest, arms crossed over it. It seems he had discarded his contacts because a pair of glasses were now astrew on his sleeping face.

Yes the sight ahead of you was one that no sensible person on this planet would want to disturb, but the house needed cleaned and errands needed to be ran.

You walked over to the sleeping figure, smiling when you got into a close enough vacinity to hear his soft snores.

"Reid." You spoke as you took the book from his chest, tucking a soft bookmark inbetween the pages.

"Reid. Sleepy head. Get up." You spoke and dragged out the p in up.

"Reid." You spoke a little firmer.

He opened his eyes softly, furrowing his brows and looking up at you.

"Hey." He spoke quietly, morning voice deep and cracky.

"How was your nap?" You laughed.

"Good, um. Yeah it was good." He scooted up and sat straight up.

"Well sleeping beauty, I have a few errands to run, I also need to clean the house. If you wanna go home you can." You explained.

"I'd like to stay if you don't mind. I'll help clean and run errands. No heavy lifting, you can tear your sutures." He rubbed his eyes and raised his brows when looking up at you.

"Yeah yeah boss man. Whatever you say." You waved a hand at him.

"I'm serious. I don't want you to get even more hurt than you already are." He spoke with a slight frown.

"If this is about you blaming yourself, please stop. I will kick you out of my house and raise the heaviest object I own. Dont test me." You joked and put a sassy hand on your hip.

"Okay, okay. I'll get dressed and so can you and we can get to work." He smiled and stood up.

You went upstairs, sprinting into your room to head to the closet. Reid kept his to-go bag downstairs and had an extra set of clothes to wear.

You searched for a pair of jeans, finding a pair of black highwasited ones that would do you well, then looked for a shirt. You decided on a cropped sweater.

You put on deodorant and a clean bra before slipping the shirt on and dousing yourself in an unhealthy amount of perfume.

Once finished you brushed your teeth then found your way down to the living room where Reid was done getting dressed.

He wore a usual pair of dark jeans, ones that suited his legs well. A navy blue button down that had small polka dots on it, and a light cashmere cardigan.

"Always looking so dapper, you handsome man." You spoke smoothly, jokingly sauntering over towards him.

He laughed, grabbing your hip.

"I like to dress nice, makes me feel better." He said quietly.

You stepped up on your tippy toes, peppering a soft, small kiss his nose.