25

You handed her the cup of warm urine.

"Take this piss, get it tested, get me out of here." You grumbled as she took the cup from your hand and rolled her eyes.

Your mood was now worse, the nap just irritated you more than it should have helped you.

"Your bed is awfully itchy and I would like to go home and feed my birds." You grumbled.

"Y/N we still have to fly home." Reid spoke from the bed, making you sarcastically scoff.

"Yes we have to fly Reid, I know that. I have two damn birds that miss me, the rubbing alcohol smell is burning my nose, and this damn bed is making me itch." You whined and turned back to the nurse.

"So if you wouldn't mind mam, I'd reccomend you get me the paperwork while my unrine is tested, get me the home clean kit, and hurry me the hell out of this hospital." You smiled sarcastically at her and dismissed her.

The door clicked closed behind her and you sighed.
"Y/N I understand that you don't like it here, I don't either, but you're being a bit hostile." He motioned for you to come back to the hospital bed.

"Reid, I've been in hospitals far too many times. It's quite unbareable and my bed is far more comfortable than this. I want to be home." You sat on the edge of the bed, Reid still layed in it.

"Reid-" you started but a soft knock at the door sounded.

"Come in." You called and adjusted your sweatshirt. Your to-go bag was brought in and you were now out of scrubs and in comfortable clothing.

"Mam, I have your paperwork. It's very short, just a few signatures and I'll have you on your way out. Your STI results will be mailed to you as soon as possible." She smiled and handed you a clipboard with one paper and a pen attatched.

You found the few lines, reading subtext before scribbling down your sloppy signature.

You handed it to her, a smile on her face as she exchanged the clipboard for a baggy containing gauze, ointment, patches, and butterfly bandages for the small cuts.

You gathered your go bag, Reid protesting and carrying it for you.

You followed him out to the parking lot, him directing you towards cars.

You followed him to a black SUV type vehicle, the exterior appearing shiny and glossy.

He unlocked it, fumbling over the keys multiple times before actually unlocking it. He set your bag in the back seat, sliding in the car and starting it.

You laughed a little, walked around the car and got into the passanger seat.

He waited for you to buckle up before he turned back and looked out the rear view mirror to pull out of the parking space.

The ride home was silent for the most part, just old 80's and classical songs filtering through the car, must have been a radio station Reid picked.

"When um, earlier Hotch asked me to stay with you. At your house I mean, so you don't put strain on the cut on your side. He told me to take care of you. If you don't mind of course." He babbled out and tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"Of course I don't mind Reid. Company is good anyhow, especially yours." You smiled at him and watched his body untense.

"Good. Okay. Yeah that's, uh, good." He smiled and you closed your eyes to relax back in the seat.

He took you to the airstrip where your jet was waiting, everyone on the team was already stationed on it.

You found the couch quickly, lying down and drifting to sleep. Reid kept the many pages of a book company as the plane flew fastly through the air and towards your home.

Towards Virginia.

Morgan slept to his music, JJ and Prentiss holding a soft conversation, and Rossi and Hotch nursing glasses of scotch.

The hum of the plane helped fill the still places of silence where no one spoke.

Turbulance shook the other people on the plane, only making your asleep self grumble.

Soon the plane landed, everyone finding their way off of the plane except you and Reid.

Reid shook your sleepy figure softly. "Y/N, we need to get you home." He rubbed a thumb on your cheek. You fluttered your eyes, opening them and looking up softly.

His hazel eyes seemed more captivating than before, safe and inviting. Your tired eyes warping them into what seemed like the visual enlightenment of a hug.

You smiled up at him, closing your eyes momentarily again.

"Have," you let out a sleepy laugh. "Have I ever told you, that your eyes are super pretty." You asked laughing.

"No you haven't, I um, I appreciate it though." He smiled.

"Lets get going, you said you have birds to feed." He laughed.

You nodded, hauling your tired body off of the couch. Reid took your bag from the overhead compartment, then guided you out of the plane with a steady and gentle hand on the small of your back.

Although your minor mishaps, nearly tripping three times on the way to an SUV, you got home in a safe sleepy manner.

Reid locked up once both of you were inside, keeping the house safe was a nervous habit he usually kept with his own apartment.

He fed the birds, you getting in the shower before bed. Although it wasn't his duties, he cleaned up the birds as well and turned lights off down stairs.

Reid was stroking Scarlet, her blue feathers fluffed against his soft hand.

"Reid?" You spoke from your bed, loudly enough for it to gather his attention.

He walked into the room, his own sweatpants were gathered at his ankles and low on his hips.

"Yeah?" He turned his head in the door and set a hand on the frame.

"Can you, ummm uh. Will you come sleep with me? I need a little bit of comfort." You asked shyly, a blush hidden under the yellow light from the lamp on your bedside table.

He nodded with a smile, turning around and shutting the light off in the birds room before coming back to your room.

You sat up somewhat, your back resting against a few pillows.

He came in with a smile, wandering over to the empty side of the bed and gathering the covers back.

He sat down and put his legs in leaning down all the way in and you scooting down too.

He snuggled into your duvet, the side of the bed cold to his warm body.

You turned the lamp off and sighed.

"Reid?" You asked again.

He cleared his throat.

"Yeah Y/N?" He asked and turned to face him.

You moved closer to him, pressing your head onto his chest.

"Thank you." You smiled and closed your eyes, relaxing into his body and enjoying incoming sleep.