14

The hotel was mile or two from the PD, not nearly as dingy as the other hotels you stayed at, the quality of the interior and furniture nicer.

You admired it earlier, paying close and keen attention to the simple attributes, and decor. Then you sent a smile and quick wave to the man at the front counter and headed away with everyone.

Your room was right next to Reid's, you bargaining Morgan to trade you. A door seperated your rooms, a conjoined room which Hotch hardly let slide.

You both happily talked to one another when you unpacked at the same time.

Reid stated proudly that he had brought an actual pair of swimming shorts, unlike last times when he swam in his underwear.

You laughed at his statment as he babbled on about his bright pink swim shorts.

You then told him about your swim suit, new that you had bought on a quick shopping trip a few days ago, a pink bikini with bananas on them, you telling him it reminded you of his sock he had lost.

Even though this was a small amount of stress relief, it was still relief and you held on to that.

You got a well nights sleep, especially after Reid (in confidential of course) explained your emotional breakdown to Hotch and he let the team take a quick breather. Everyone accept Hotch himself.

The next day you went back without pliance, having to be briefed on the recent findings.

Nothing very new had been found, just that another girl had been kidnapped. That put all of you on edge, now stressed out since he had a person.

Everyone knew though that there was time to take action since he kept the girls for up to three days.

With the new information that the girl was taken from her apartment, you all could go and check it out, more information to form a better profile.

That day you and the team went out for lunch together, a small pub and sandwich shop near by seemed tasty.

Most of the team chatted about the case, what they thought was happening and trying to solve the parts on where they were stumped.

You and Reid sat a few tables down, you moving when they started getting graphic it began to stress you out.

Reid came and sat with you, trying to keep you calm and collected. He made small talk, chats about poetry and arts of sorts.

Him telling an interesting story about where he was requested and almost signed as a clothing model. To which you retaliated that he was very handsome and had a nice enough bone structure for such a thing. Him blushing in return.

You then telling him the story about your first exhibition. Enlightening him on the child art protogy part of yourself. Him inquiring if you could do a portrait of him.

You laughed and told him that if he sat still and you tried hard enough it was plausible. He had a soft grip on your hand the whole time, a small reminder to you of his comfort and support.

He played softly with the ring on your index finger, the one your father had given you a long while ago.

You let light onto your personal life, childhood and old repressed memories. He nodded at the story you told, telling him about your abusive father. Then how CPS took you away and you got adopted at the age of ten from your father now.

Never once speaking a name, just telling.

He then spoke about his personal life. Enlightening you with facts about where he was from and that his father had left his schizophrenic mother and him at a young age.

You nodded, squeezing his hand when he told you the things he endured.

Telling you he wanted to live up to the highest expectations for his mother.

At a young age he began to read a lot, that developing his 187 IQ points and the ability to read 20,000 words per minute, which you joked back in return that he was only lying to impress you. Even though you had for sure seen him finish a 300 page book in about fifteen minuets.

He also gained eidetic memory, nearly a whole twenty seven years of things floating around in his brain.

You asking how he wasn't just simply mad and in an insane asylum. Him asking the question aloud as well.

The team left a bit after that, Hotch explaining that there was a woman missing and you all had work to do.

You all went back to the station, the officers explaining that a body had been dumped and the unsub was speeding up his process. Also informing that he had dumped the body else where.

"He feels threatened. He knows we are on to him and hes speeding up." Hotch said as you all filed out of the building.

"Y/N, you Reid and Morgan will go to the dump site. Morgan run through a roleplay, Y/N and Reid try and inspect the wounds, get a profile off of what has happened to the victim." Hotch commanded and moved to a black SUV.

You, Reid, and morgan went to another SUV, Morgan getting in the drivers and you and Reid getting in the back.

"This is where you keep headstrong Y/N." Reid said and grasped your hand.

"You can do this." He squeezed it.

You nodded and rested your head on his shoulder.