13

You all wrote down notes when the local PD went over their information.

Not much was known about the unsub since he took care of the problem, the women, very meticulously.

Reid created a topigraphical map, going over the geographical profile to get a better estimate to where the unsub could be hiding. He explained the difference between the missing sites and the dump site.

The case was slowly coming along, news and theories from the local police adding to categorizing the unsub and giving more of a profile.

Unfortunately the unsub was still a hard case to crack, his meticulous style and covering up his tracks was obviously not helping and he hadn't made any sort of mistake.

To say everyone was beyond frustrated was an understatment.

You all sat down together, rerunning through all of the files, sharing and comparing notes, trying to help get any more sort of clarity.

"I don't know. I don't even know!" You dropped your pen in anger and grabbed your hair by the roots, tugging to relieve stress.

"Y/N. I need you to relax." Reid said quietly, grabbing your bicep and pulling your hand away from your hair.

He apologized to all of the agents and police in the room.

He grabbed your hand, tugging you from the chair and out of the room. Reid pulled you into a separate room, closing the door behind you both.

"Y/N? Whats the matter? You're stressed, its very obvious." He rubbed your arms softly.

"I can't Reid. These girls, they're getting taken and beated and killed. I can't save them and I want to. Damnit I need to do something!" You raised your voice, tears now falling helplessly down your cheeks.

"Oh Y/N." He said quietly, lifting his hand to wipe at the falling tears. "Not everyone can be saved, I know that's what we want. We want the best, but not all of our expectations can be met. We will find this unsub, take him down, and save someone." Reid said softly and smiled.

You shook your head.

"I feel like a damn laying duck Reid. I feel like I can't help anybody, not even myself." You said sniffling.

"How so?" He said, continuously rubbing your cheekbone.

"I can't... Im only here for five months, rehabilitation didn't last long so technically I should be home. My- uhm. Kolahand gave me till five months to decide if I'm here temporarily or perminately, I can't. Reid I dont know what to do." You said with a sob at the end.

He pulled you close, putting you in a forced hug. You eased into it, hugging him tightly.

"You're at three months, you have time. Not much time, but time." He rubbed your back.

"We need you stable enough to handle the situation, you need to be headstrong until we have this unsub in our grasp." You nodded at what he said.

You pulled back from his hug, looking at his large hazel eyes.

"Its going to come to a time where I may leave with a go bag and not even come back, I can't decide if I want to stay or go."

"Think long and hard, make a pros and cons list, relax and maybe sleep on it. No decision has to be made too soon, you've got all the time in the world." He said, tucking hair back and pecking your cheek.

"Lets go." You nodded at him. He nodded back grabbing your hand and squeezing it before letting it drop and exiting the room with you following behind.

Both of you entered the briefing room at the department, people looking in when you reentered.

"Emotional breakdown, stress, she's fine." Reid spoke and waved it off.

You furrowed your brows at him and slapped his arm. He tugged it back with an ouch and a small whine.

The two of you joined the rest of the group, working and throwing out terms to categorize the unsub and looking in to credentials, asking Garcia for help in that department.

You all started a few new profiles, relaxing after and taking a simple break.

This case was going to take a lot out of the team, and especially you.