(6)gone

Jungkook POV

I arrive at the bus stop a little late, to see if I can run into Taehyung on "accident". Maybe I will finally be able to speak with him! In real life this time, not over Instagram.

I look up the hill to see the bus making it's way down to my stop. I frantically look left and right, checking for Taehyung.

It's fine. He always does this.

I shrug it off and wave at my mom as I climb the stairs to the bus, and to my surprise, Taehyung isn't chasing down the bus.

Taehyung's friends aren't on the bus either. Only one friend, a boy, who is a freshman. He looks nervous. His phone let's out many sounds due to notifications and he almost drops his phone as it rings at full volume.

I sit down and ease drop to see if he's talking to Taehyung or one of his friends.

"Hello?" He says.
"Oh? Oh god."
"Should I be leaving?"
He pauses and listens for what seems like an eternity.
"So he's okay?"
"No? Oh, then I'll get going." He rubs his nose and eyes and yells at the bus driver.
"Sir! I need to get off now. It's an emergency."

He runs through the isles as the bus comes to a stop.

He stopped in the front, where I am, and we make eye contact.

He sighs and murmurs to himself, "...not yet, Park Jimin, let him do it."

My eyes dart around as I watch him run and call a taxi. His quick movements  and Taehyung's absence makes me even more nervous.

Park Jimin POV

My eyes burn as I remember the image of the worried Jungkook, regretting my decision not to bring him with me.

The truth is, Taehyung got really sick after visiting a restaurant with me last night.

Flashback—

"Yah!" I yell, shocking everyone at the table.
"Taehyung, you got to man up and tell him already!"
Taehyung sighs and looks upset, "I am making progress. Come here and look at this."
I look at his phone and see his conversation with Jeon Jeongguk. I'm shocked to see he put his full name, and not full "stage name" Jungkook.
"Now watch," he says, grabbing his phone back. I closely observe as she changes the contact to "Kookie" instead of a formal address.

"Happy, Jimin?" I nod and laugh a little.
Taehyung calls the waiter over and we order. We went out for Korean BBQ at a new grill in Seoul. I carefully examine the menu and order a normal meal. Same with Taehyung.

The food arrives after a few minutes, and Taehyung immediately chows down on his food. I notice the waiter come back and set a drink down beside him.

"We didn't order this." I say to the waiter.
"It's on the house," she winks.
"Hah, if only she knew I was gay." Taehyung laughed at his own sentence and drank it anyway.

End of flashback—

The waiter.

Jungkook POV

No new messages

I sigh, and decide to take things into my own hands.

It's bad enough that Taehyung isn't here, now my new friend won't even support me?

Me: Hey
Me: want to talk?
Delivered

I wait forever, expecting a reply from him.

After 2 hours, he responds.

T❤️: hi
Me: so, what's up?
T❤️: I'm fine.
Me: woah, you ok there?
T❤️: im so sick.
Me: that's awful.
T❤️: is that sympathy or empathy? 🙄
Me: im trying to be empathetic !
Me: Actually, someone I really like isn't here too.
T❤️: I don't want to hear you talking about other guys.
Me: oh?
T❤️: I'm not in the mood, Jeon Jeongguk.
Me: Woahhh, I'm sorry! T.
T❤️: what? Why are you sorry. You don't even know what's happening!
Me: hey, hey. no need to be upset?
Me: okay, okay. I'm sorry for upsetting you. But why did you get mad when I talked about another guy?
Delivered

Strange....

------

(A/N) Hey guyssss I'm excited!!

Next chapter will also be 100% texting with Jungkook and Taehyung!