Adele's Tour

Chapter 6

A/N: I have a lot more free time now so I will write more of this story now that school's out once again.  I would like to remind everyone of our little challenge.  If I get up to 20 people who have read this, I will add 5 chapters in under a week.  I may add more than that if my schedule permits.  Keep Reading!

I wake up and find Adam by the table.  Once he sees me he says, "Good morning sunshine!"

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you," Adam said simply.

"Do you want something other than cereal?  I can have Kyle make a detour," I said.

"No thanks.  Who's Kyle?" Adam asked.

"Kyle is my best friend's brother.  We were friends since I was 13.  I was friends with both Kayla and Kyle," I said.

"Oh, that seems interesting," Adam said.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, you know him, right?" Adam said slowly.

"Yeah, we were friends since I was 13.  Of course we know each

other," I said so innocently.

"Did you date?" Adam asked.

"When we were in high school we did." I said confused.  Was Adam jealous?

"I knew it!" Adam said a little frustrated.

"Why are you jealous.  That's in my past.  Besides, we're just friends.  I gave him this job to help him out!" I said shouting.

"Oh.  I'm sorry I was confused.  I thought you still liked each other." Adam said gently.

"Kyle may still have feelings.  I don't.   I decided to move on when I learned it wouldn't work out," I said. 

"What happened,  or is that too invasive?" Adam asked.

"Oh, Kyle didn't want Kayla to know about, well, you know, us.  I thought it was only fair that Kayla would know.  It's important that she would know.  Kyle wouldn't tell Kayla so we broke up," I said.

"That's why you broke up?" Adam asked confused.

"Yeah, I know, it's stupid.  I felt that if Kyle loved me enough he wouldn't be afraid to tell Kayla that we were dating.  I felt that he wouldn't care about Kayla picking on us when we dated if he loved me enough," I said.

"Well, that doesn't sound too stupid to me.  It makes sense that if he loved you enough he wouldn't be afraid of Kayla," Adam said.

"I just want to know......  Are you jealous of Kyle?" I asked.

"Now that you explained it to me I understand.  I'm not jealous," Adam said.

I could still tell Adam was jealous of Kyle.  He knew that I still liked him a lot even though it was me who broke it off.  Adam seemed to get over himself, at least I hoped.  I like Adam more than I like Kyle.  Kyle is nice and all, but I love Adam more than Kyle. 

A/N: I hope you liked my scene.  This was probably the longest conversation I've had between characters so far.  Remember my challenge and READ PEOPLE!!!!  YOLO!!!!