All for the Best

Selena's P.O.V

My eyelids feel heavy and tired. As I lift them, a blinding bright light makes the process even harder. I see a white ceiling. Where am I? A horrible piercing set of beeps continues to echo around the room. I think I know the answer to my question now.

I grip the bedsheets with my hands and struggle to push myself up. A harsh and striking pain rushes through my body. Memories come flooding back. The reasons why I am here come flooding back.

'Hey hey don't try to get up, you're gonna hurt yourself'

I hear the all familiar voice and I look and see Taylor, looking pale and exhausted. Her usually perfect and pristine golden locks are now tangled and unkempt and her face is marked with dry streaks of tears.

'How did I get here? I don't remember anything after ... that happened' I ask her.

Her azure eyes well up with tears as she replies.

'I was just walking back to the cabin when I saw Logan coming out with you covered in sheets.'

My hands twitched when I heard his name.

'I thought everything was going so well. I'm so sorry I didn't know what was going on. Why didn't you tell me anything?'

I look down at the white linen sheets.

'I couldn't. Ch-ch-that monster wouldn't let me', my vision goes blurry as tears fill my eyes,'What happened to him'?

'That fucking bastard has been arrested. Don't worry about it. He won't coming out for a long time. But it was close Selena. Luckily there wasn't any damage to your major organs or I don't think you would have ... made it'.

Her voice begins to struggle.

'If you had been brought here a few minutes later, I don't think...if it wasn't for him...if it wasn't for Logan'

I feel my strange feeling inside me.

'Where is he?'

'He left'

I immediately look up at her. She has her hands clasped on the bed, sitting down on a stool. She looks down at the ground.

He left? What does she mean?

***

Logan's P.O.V

I'm in a cab right now, on the way back to Taylor's home to get my stuff. I can't get her out of my head as I stare out of the glass window, watching the blur of colours flash by. The sound of the ambulance and the sound of the endless beeping pierce my ears.

I know she's fine now. Everything's fine now.

But I'm feeling feelings I've never felt before. Like my life was on holding on it's last second as I watched her suffer. I don't want to accept these feelings. I can't. I can't let anyone in.
Anyone I let in end up suffering. My parents. Now Selena.

It's better if I let her be; that's what she wanted all this time anyway.

They were just passing lustful emotions anyone-just empty feelings. They don't mean anything.

I'm thinking of moving to California with my old college friend. I think it's for the best. Best for me. Best for her. We were never meant to meet and we were never meant to cross paths. I lean my head on the soft rubber wall of the car.

It's all for the best.

***
A/N: What do you guys think is going on?
Do you like it so far?