Chalpter 13: It's Ok Now

I am now 6 months pregnant and I text Lexi.

Me- can you come to my house?

Lexi- Ok can you come pick me up?

"Jake! Lets go pick Lexi up!" I yell upstairs.

Me- meet me in the park.

Jake comes down the stairs and grabs my hand "ok sweetheart. Lets go" he smiles as we make our way to the car.

He doesn't let my hand go and pulls me to the drivers side.

"Sit in my lap." He says

"Won't we get caught a d get a ticket?" I ask nervously

"It's worth it" jake says sliding into the car. I sit on his lap and he closes the door.

I stare into his blue eyes as he states into mine. We lean in at the same time and kiss

He deepens the kiss my sticking his tongue into my mouth. He tries to pull my shirt over my head but I stop him.

"Jake. We are in the car" I say

He sighs and gives me one last kiss.

"I just love you so damn much!" he says before driving off.

It turns out that we did get caught sitting together by a cop. But this officer was my favorite cousin.

"He Brian" I say nervously.

"Kayla? What are you doing sitting in his lap. You do know that's against the law?" he says sternly.

"I know I just love him so damn much! can't you let us slide this one time?" I say pulling the puppy dog eyes.

"Ok but if I catch you again your going with me" he says smiling at me. "Now get in your seat"

I slide over into my seat and wave bye to Brian.

"Good thing you knew him" jake says relieved.

I shrug as we pull into the park. I scan looking for Lexi.

then I hear gunshots. I whip my head over seeing a car shooting out of the window. I grab Jake and we get in the backseat.

After the shooter is gone I jump out and see a body laying on the ground.

I run over to it with jake beside me and realize its Lexi.

"Lexi!" I yell

"Wake up please! I need you lex! wake up" I cry. I know she got shot in the chest.

I put my ear to he heart and hear nothing.

Jake calls the ambulance and the cops.

They get hear at the same time and take Lexi away from me.

I look around and see no one else was hurt.

"Mam do you know who did this?" an officer asks me.

"N-n-no I-I just saw a-a c-c-car come by sh-sh-shooting" I say through my sobs.

"Thank you. We will try to find out who did this" He says giving me a sad smile.

I nod my head and grab onto Jake.

"It's all my fault" I say

"No! don't you dare blame yourself!" he says to my face

"Yes it is! I told her to meet me here and this is what happens" I cry even harder at this.

Jake picks me up and takes me to his car putting me in the passenger seat.

He comes back and looks at me on the eyes. "Babe that could've happened to anybody don't you blame yourself for this" he says trying to calm me down.

I look up at him and I see tears streaming down his face too.

He wipes my tears away and I wipe his.

He drives is home. In the car he notices that I'm freezing. He takes off his jacket and wraps it around me.

"Thank you" I say giving him a sad smile.

I smell the jacket and it smells like him.

We get to the house and I go take a shower.

While I am in there I hear someone open the door. Jake pulls back the curtain and steps in completely naked.

We are facing each other and start kissing again. He puts his arms around my waist and I sling my arms around his neck.

His hands travel lower to my butt and he squeezes it.

I moan as he begins sucking my sweet spot on my neck. The water becomes cold and we step out.

He dries me off and I do the same to him. He begins kissing me again. And takes me to his bed without clothes on.

"You're so beautiful" he says smiling at me.

I fall asleep cuddled up to him with a smile on my face.