Chapter 5

Erin's P.O.V

“You! What’s wrong with you?!” I yelled, angry.

I stare at Seth with as much as hatred as possible. He just chuckled at me and pulled me into a tight hug, completely ignoring what I just said. I could feel his breathing, steady. I could see sweat all over him. His shirt looked as if he swam in a mud pool.

“Hey! S-stop! Let go!  You’re so sweaty! Gross!” I insulted, trying to get away from his strong grip. People were passing by us, as if this scene was a normal thing for them.

He held me tighter. “Not a chance! Haha!” he laughed. “ ’Sides,” he smirked. “I thought that you loved it when I sweat?”

“Ew, no! I’m clean right now! If you get a single dirt on this, you’re dead to me!” I intimidated.

“Aren’t I already dead to you? What have I got to lose now? There’s no use trying to threaten me now, ” he grinned, that same grin he used to give me. The grin that made me used to smile at all the time. He was now holding on to my wrists with a firm grip.

“Whatever! Let go! I have to go!” I yelled, still trying to get away from his grip on me. And still, no one is stopping by to see this scene. Still everyone was going around shops. “Pears! Bananas! Come now and I’ll give you a free pomegranate if you buy these!” announced a skinny man who was jumping, trying to bring in as much people as possible in his stand.

No,” he whispered harshly. “Not until you listen to me first,” he added.

“Seth! I’ve seen it already! You don’t have to give me the details! Seriously! Let go!” I screamed at him, still pulling myself away from his grip on me. If I stay and listen to his little story, he might see the uniform I’m wearing in this robe. I have to get those apples and get out of here as fast as possible.

“Alright, what’s seems to be the problem here?”

Yes! Finally! An officer. I looked at him, relieved he finally came to my rescue. “O-Officer! I--”

“Oh nothing, officer. I just have to talk to my girlfriend here. She’s just upset with something, that’s all,” Seth broke in, grinning at the officer.

I stare at him, wide-eyed. Girlfriend? Is he serious? Does he want to be murdered?

“Now wait a sec--”  But Seth suddenly covered my mouth. “Ha-ha. You have to be careful officer, she has a really colorful vocabulary. Have a nice day, sir.”

“Oh. Well, have a nice day to you too,” the officer smiled,  leaving us.

He removed his hand from my mouth. “You! Seriously! We’re over! How many times do I have to say it? Get it in your head! We’re done!” I yelled again, trying to make him deaf but sadly failed.

He held his grip on me even tighter than before. “Erin, shut up for a while and listen!”

“No! I don’t want to! Let go now!” I said through gritted teeth, pissed at how persistent he was. My hood now fell off my head. Luckily I wasn’t wearing anything on my head that showed I was a maid.

“AGH!” he yelled.

“Oh boy. I’m so sorry, sir! Let me get that,” said a man who was carrying a crate of watermelons. It seems he dropped one of his watermelons and it landed on Seth’s foot. What luck!

I felt his grip soften as he looked down at his feet. This is my chance now. I pulled myself away from his grip and succeeded. I ran from him, looking for a stall where they sell apples. After I get those apples, I’m out of here!