Chapter 3: The Past

• Dedicated to Christine

Erin's P.O.V

“What a mess,” I whispered for only myself to hear.

I was cleaning the bathroom and it looked as if a hurricane hit it. The dripping noise from the faucet of the sink making me annoyed, clearly showing the ignorance of the last occupier. The bathroom was wet almost everywhere. It almost made me slip a few times. In the toilet, there were even a few tissues clogged. Disgusting, I thought. Who said that throwing tissues in the toilet was ever okay? It would just get clogged.

The toilet in the orphanage is way better than this! Its clean and it doesn’t smell the least bit of dead fish. The orphanage. How much I miss the memories that happened in that place.  I grew up in an orphanage. I only left when I was around 14. I really needed to leave since it was getting pretty full and I wanted to get independent on my own.

But I wasn’t alone, Seth was with me. He was my childhood friend. We grew up in the orphanage together. Though we met around when we were about 7 years old. How fast its been. Remembering him makes me sick. How much hatred I now feel for him. Men like him shouldn’t even be--!!

“Ehem,” coughed a voice I hear behind me. I blinked and realized I was in my own world.

I looked behind me to know who it was and guessed it right. It was him. No, not Seth. But prince Darren. He looked surprised at first but then composed himself. Yes, I know now he’s actually a guy. His mother talked to me last night about certain things to be ready with. Things that I would be responsible for in the castle. And of course, she told me all about her son.

“Oh. Good morning, princess,” I say sweetly. But, I want to tease him more. Seeing his reactions always amuse me. It was fun.

“HEY. How many times do I have to tell you? I’m a guy,” he argued with irritation in his voice.

“Yeah, whatever,” I say calmly though trying to hold in my laugh.

“Look, I’m just here to ask you where my socks are. Where are they?”

I wiped a bit of the mirror. “Check your lower drawer. Use your eyes, instead of your mouth,” I chided.

He was fuming in anger. “Hey you. Who do you think you are? Criticizing the prince?” he said with anger.

“ I’m not criticizing, I’m correcting. You should thank me,” I scoffed. “princess,” I added. And not to my surprise he went off, fuming with anger. Did I overdo it? Oh well. Back to cleaning.

I grabbed a brush and started scrubbing the dirt in between the tiles. How does dirt even get between these tiles? Well, sadly, I don’t think I’ll ever know. I haven’t really gotten a good education. But I can say that I’m not completely useless. They used to teach lessons at my old orphanage. Some of them were mostly about God though.

I went over to the bathtub and saw hair clogged in the drain. Ew. I tried removing them and made sure that none will be left. Its annoying how much hair I can lose too. A sudden thought came in my mind—Prince Darren. Was he serious? About making me change my mind about his gender? I’ve made myself an enemy to him. Haha. So I think it would be quite funny seeing him grumble around, trying to change my mind. When already I know his true gender. This should be interesting.

--------------------------

Author's note: Okay, this wasn't much of chapter. But a few information about Erin. Hope it was okay :D Short chapter though. 

I've dedicated this chapter to Christine-- my friend from school.