Chapter 37: Liar

Chapter 37

I ran to the school in excitement. Today is not like any other day! Today is where they end classes early! Instead of getting out at three, we get out at twelve.

Someone with blue hair came into my field of vision and was in the way of my running. “Excuse me! Coming through! Watch out!” I shouted.

The dude just turned his head and widened his eyes. It was Noah. Am I stupid or what? Who else would have blue hair aside from Noah?

“Move it, Noah!”

Instead of moving, he stayed where he was. Resulting me into crashing right into Noah. We both hit the ground with a loud thud. A stack of folders and papers scattered onto the floor.

“Agh! Noah!” I growled. “Why didn’t you move?!”

“Why didn’t you run to my left or right?! I was holding a bunch of heavy files!”

I scratched my head in embarrassment. “Whatever.”

I kneeled on the floor and helped pick up the papers. People just passed by us impassively. Well, at least none of them made fun of the scene.

“And for your information, I’m not Noah,” he added.

I looked up and squinted my eyes at him. “Huh?”

“Oh hey, Erin. I see you’ve met my brother,” a new voice spoke up above me. I looked to where it was coming from and saw another blue-haired dude. Noah?

“N-Noah?”

“Yes?” the one above me grinned.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I then looked at the one next to me then the one above me. “If you’re Noah, then who’s—”

“Nolan,” the one next to me answered with a deathly stare.

I felt shivers run down my spine at the way he looked at me. “O-oh,” I responded. “So you guys are—”

“Twins,” Noah nodded.

“I-I see.”

I picked up the last piece of paper and placed it together with the rest. I then handed the files to Nolan with a small smile. He looked at me with contempt and took the papers from my hands. Ah, well the difference between these two is striking. Despite them looking completely the same, Nolan had blue eyes whilst Noah had grey ones. But honestly, if they closed their eyes, they’d look exactly alike.

“Well, I’m out,” Nolan dismissed himself. I pursed my lips at him. He wasn’t speaking to me but only to Noah. What’s wrong with him? Does he hate me or what?

“Yeah, see ya,” Noah waved his brother bye. “Soo, Erin!” he turned to me.

I rolled my eyes at Noah. “Bye, Noah. I have to get to class.”

Noah raised an eyebrow. “I can’t believe you’re treating me so rudely when I know your dirty secret, Erin,” he whispered.

My body froze at Noah’s words. “What?” I said in disbelief.

“Oh?” Noah said in a surprised tone. “Playing innocent? You think I didn’t hear what happened yesterday in the teacher’s faculty?”

Oh shoot. I’m dead, I’m dead, I’m dead. “Noah, before you make any weird misunderstandings—”

“You and your boyfriend actually maked out in the teacher’s faculty! You badasses!”

My mouth fell open at what he just said. “M-make out? Boyfriend?”

“Yeah!” he chirped. “You and your boyfriend were making out the other day, huh? Imagine! Doing it in the teacher’s faculty,” he smirked wickedly. “You guys really love to live dangerously, huh?”

“I—”

“But who’s Darren by the way?” Noah asked curiously. “I don’t know any Darren in the Senior batch,” he thought aloud.

I felt my palms sweat. “Ah, Noah. I really have to go now.. I’m late and—”

“But then there’s—gasp!”

“Wh-what?!” I asked desperately, scared that he might have found out that I was actually with a teacher in the faculty room. “It’s not what you think! We weren’t actually—”

“Lucas!” he cutted me off.

“Huh?”

“You’re actually dating the only prince of the Ruby Kingdom! Lucas!”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “What? How can you say that?”

Noah rolled his eyes. “Hey, I may be only a year younger than you but you can’t fool me.”

“No, seriously. What makes you say I’m dating Lucas?”

“Duh! Lucas’ full name is Lucas Darren! He has a second name! And seeing that you call him by his secretive second name, you guys must be pretty close, eh?” he wagged his eyebrows.

I felt my face blush. “You’re wrong! ”

My eyes widened in realization. “You say Lucas’ second name is..Darren?”

He smiled wickedly. “Yup! Well, no one’s supposed to know. But it just so happens that I do.”

I frowned at Noah. “What do you mean?”

Noah rolled his eyes at me. “As if you don’t know!”

I shook my hands frantically. “I don’t! I really don’t!”

Noah narrowed his eyes at me. “Hm. Fine, then. I’ll explain it to you. Lucas does have a second name. Though if you try to look at any information sheet in this school, you wont find what his second name is.”

“How come?”

Noah shrugged. “I guess he told his family that he hated his second name. But I guess his family didn’t want to completely erase his second name. So they settled with the initials of it.”

“So what you’re saying is that he complained about his second name and wanted it erased. Then the family didn’t want it completely erased so it stays in initial form?”

“Bingo!” Noah chirped. “At least, that’s what I think.”

“Then how’d you find out his second name?”

Noah grinned at me. “Now that’s secret.”

“Noah!”

“Aw, you’re so cute when you’re angry. Your eyes are in such a bloody color. If you were angry all the time, I guess you and Lucas do make a good couple.”

I felt my blood boil at Noah’s words. “Shut up! We are not dating!”

“Are you sure?” Noah asked skeptically.

“I’m positively sure—”

“Erin? You’re already blabbering about our relationship?” a new voice interjected.

I looked behind me to see Lucas. My eyes widened at how wide he was smirking.

“Aha! I was right!” Noah exclaimed.

“No! You’re wrong, Noah! I’m not dating Lucas! He’s a jerk! A total jerk!” I gushed out. People around us stopped walking and looked at our direction. Shoot. I just attracted attention.

I felt Lucas place his hand on my shoulder. “Erin, it’s okay. You don’t have to hide our relationship any longer.”

Noah smirked at us. “Aw, Erin. You shy?”

I felt my heart drop as people whispered around us. These idiots. They’re making people misunderstand! I tried to look as menacing as possible towards Lucas.

“Lucas,” I hissed. “You idiot! Stop deceiving everyone!”

Lucas was taken aback at first but composed himself quickly. “All right, all right. Calm down, Erin.”

I folded my arms on my chest. “I will if you just tell the truth!” I screamed.

“You do know you’re really attracting attention, right?”

“Lucas!”  

“Okay, okay!” Lucas held up his hands. “Everyone,” he called. Those around us stayed silent. So silent, you could hear a pin drop.

Lucas half-smiled. “Sorry if we’ve been deceiving you all this time but, Erin and I are dating. So I would really appreciate it if no one stole Erin from me.”

My mouth gaped. I felt my blood boil immensely. “Lucas, you freaking li—”

“What is with all the commotion?!” someone screamed. I suddenly felt my heart stop. I tried to find where the voice was coming from. It was our adviser, Mr. E.

“What are all of you doing?!” he asked in disbelief. “Do you guys know what time it is?! It’s already eight thirty. Classes started thirty minutes ago. How come almost all of you aren’t in class yet? Get back now! Unless you guys want detention.”

Almost everyone evacuated out of the hallways, leaving only Lucas and I. I tried to run with the crowd when Mr. E caught my shoulder.

“Oh, Erin, you just love testing my temper, don’t you?” he fake smiled.

I shivered at his creepy smile. “N-no, Mr. E! I can explain! You see, Lucas—”

Mr. E narrowed his eyes at me. “Really, Erin? You think I’d want to hear your story now?”

I froze at how scary he looked. “Uh, no?”

“Well at least you can read the atmosphere,” he scoffed. “Now get back to class! Both of you! We’ll discuss about all this later!”

“Y-yes, sir.”

--------------------------------------
Author’s note:
Hii everyonee  :c I’m soooo sorry my update is late :C But hey! I’ve updated TWO chapters :D Anyway, I don’t know if I get to update any faster :C Apparently, I have to study during the summer. IT SUCKS. Since I’m transferring into a British system, I’m going to have to catch up with my classmates ;__; So I have to study >__< ;___; Agh. I feel like I’m going to die. I pray I’ll be able to absorb everything.

Hope everyone is doing well! :D